Pregnant women refuses blood

by Giordano 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Any references for this? I've no recollection of such a teaching.
    Here:
    *** w69 4/1 p. 224 Questions From Readers ***
    Applying that to miscarriages and stillborn deliveries, is it reasonable that in the future Jehovah will insert back into the womb of a woman a partially developed embryo, or possibly a number of them? No, that does not seem so, nor is it likely that women who have had this sad experience actually expect that.
    Furthermore, resurrection is for persons who have lived as individuals before Jehovah. Even a child who lives for only a short time after birth has existed as a separate person. But a miscarried fetus or stillborn child, though from a Biblical standpoint considered a “soul” while it was developing, never actually lived as a separate and distinct individual. So it would appear that such situations do not fall under the resurrection provision outlined in the Bible.—Acts 24:15.
    We fully appreciate that this view might be most disappointing to some.
    Later on Watchtower published more on this subject, but stopped short of saying the 1969 information was wrong. Instead Watchtower advised not to speculate on way or another.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    OC - you do realize I was being sarcastic? I hate their stinking blood policies as much as the next person.

Yeah, I know...I was just adding a comment...apparently...;)

We should have a sarcasm button to hit when we want to make it clear.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

In the 4/15/2009 Watchtower Question from Readers They changed their stance on unborn children to that they don't know.

To summarize, then, the Bible clearly teaches that life begins at conception and that Jehovah sees the unborn child as a unique and valued individual. In the light of those Scriptural truths, some might see it as inconsistent to argue that there is no hope for a resurrection of an unborn child that dies. Indeed, they might feel that such an argument undermines our Scriptural stand against abortion, which is largely based on those very truths.
    In the past, this journal has raised some practical questions that seem to cast doubt on the possibility of a resurrection for children who died before birth. For example, would God implant even a partially developed embryo in the womb of a woman in Paradise? However, further study and prayerful meditation has led the Governing Body to conclude that such considerations do not really have a bearing on the resurrection hope. Jesus said: “All things are possible with God.” (Mark 10:27) Jesus’ own experience demonstrated the truth of that statement; his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a young virgin—surely an utter impossibility from a human standpoint.
    Does all of this mean, then, that the Bible teaches that children who perish before birth will be resurrected? We must emphasize that the Bible does not directly answer that question, so there is no basis for humans to be dogmatic on the matter. This subject may give rise to an almost endless variety of questions. Really, though, it seems best to avoid speculation. What we know is this: The matter rests with Jehovah God, who is abundant in loving-kindness and mercy. (Ps. 86:15) Unquestionably, it is his heartfelt desire to undo death by means of the resurrection. (Job 14:14, 15) We can be confident that he always does what is right. He will provide healing for the many wounds inflicted upon us by life in this wicked system of things as he lovingly directs his Son to “break up the works of the Devil.”—1 John 3:8.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

What is really disturbing about this incident is that it highlights the gender imbalance inside the JWs.

JW women are at a higher risk of dying from refusing blood than the men who make up the rules are. JW women have no say whatsoever in making the rules, and they are the ones most affected by them.

A core belief among members of the Jehovah’s Witness (JW) faith is that they will not accept blood transfusion or its primary components, including red and white blood cells, platelets and plasma, even when such transfusion could be life-saving1. This poses potential problems for obstetric services worldwide because obstetric haemorrhage remains a major cause of maternal mortality and morbidity2,3. Indeed, there is a general consensus that morbidity and mortality rates in association with childbirth are higher in these women than in the general population47. In the largest observational study in the USA, Singla et al. reported that JW women were at increased risk of maternal death and that blood loss was the major factor4. In the UK, the largest descriptive obstetric study of JW reported a 65-fold increased risk of maternal death compared to the national rate. In addition, there was significant haemorrhage (>1,000 mL) in 6% of all of Caesarean sections5.
    More recently, a study from the Netherlands reported that compared to the non-JW Dutch population, JW women had a 6-fold higher risk of all causes of maternal death, a 130-fold increased risk of maternal death because of major obstetric haemorrhage and a 3-fold higher risk of maternal morbidity because of obstetric haemorrhage6. Other earlier studies support these views, both for obstetric and gynaecological operations7.
    It is estimated that there are approximately 6 million JW worldwide, about 150,000 of whom reside in the UK. Thus JW women constitute a significant group at high surgical risk. Apart from menstrual blood loss and childbirth, the vulnerability of JW women as a group is further increased by the significant proportion of African women who are members, since these women have a high incidence of fibroid disease, and, therefore, a preponderance of menorrhagia and iron deficiency anaemia.

When it comes to the blood doctrine, being a JW woman is a high risk position to take - far riskier than the men who tell them what to do.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    OC- No worries, it's hard not to get defensive here sometimes. 😇
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I live in sydney...but I don't know of that family.

But as stated, I'm sure they will be paraded around the assembly and convention program's for years to come...

Yes, as "models of faith to follow closely"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I just noticed that this was event occurred in 2009?

• flipper
    flipper
    This is so disgusting it makes me want to puke all over the faces of the governing body members. These bastards need to be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity with the no blood transfusion issue. How many thousands of mind controlled brain dead JW's have lost their lives by following this advice or lost their children's lives by refusing blood ? WT Society leaders are blood guilty- plain and simple. How many more lives will be lost before WT leaders are held accountable for these crimes ? It makes me so angry. Stupid mind controlled woman cost herself AND her unborn child it's life by following a bunch of idiotic fools leading JW's to their deaths
  • fukitol
    fukitol

The murderous, criminal GB need to be brought before the International Criminal Court for offences against humanity. Just like all the murderous, cowardly, pig-ignorant, loser Muslim males currently ruining the lives of generations of Syrian innocent women and children.

One day, in the far, far, future, the human race will not tolerate such barbarity in the name of religion anymore.

Death to religion.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    flipper: How many thousands of mind controlled brain dead JW's have lost their lives by following this advice or lost their children's lives by refusing blood ?

Well, according to an article on page125 of the Australian Anesthesia 2011, titled The Management of Adult Jehovah’s Witnesses in Anaesthesia and Critical Care:

It is estimated that approximately 1000 Jehovah’s Witnesses die annually worldwide and as many as 100,000 may have died by abstaining from blood transfusions since the blood ban was introduced in 1945.

The author of the article, Anne-Marie Welsh, does not give a reference for the estimate. I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to contact her to find out where she got that information from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit