Am I wrong or would I have better chances for "Paradise earth" if I had never been exposed to the so called "Truth"?

by KristiKay 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Remember that old Matthew Broderick film, WARGAMES?

"The only way to WIN is to NOT PLAY."

Religious thought, belief, faith and mindset drives out reality and ushers in fantasy.

Once you give up your hold on the real world anything is possible for you to believe.

You are trapped in a video game and battling demons trying to reach the final level where you get your own vine and figtree.

DON'T PLAY!

Nobody wins. Everybody dies. There is no final level except non-existence.

Make the most of the real life in the real world with a mind tuned to reality.

Otherwise you'll play and get sucked in going from one level to another until the doctors unplug you from your respirator at the end of the line.

• Terry
    Terry

Moshe said:

You would, according to their theology, be better off having NEVER heard the JW message so long as you die before the end comes. If destroyed by God at the end you have no hope.

We should all pause and reflect on how poorly thought out the Jehovah's Witness intepretation of their "important" door to door work really is.

Jehovah, according to JW's, wants the Good News preached to the entire inhabited Earth....and THEN the end will come.

Stop right there......how many times has Armageddon been about to happen--in their view? And them knowing full well the entire inhabited Earth had NOT heard their message!

Continue...

Further, however skillfully the door-to-door contact is (with every man, woman and child) made and pointedly the message is preached---JW statistics make clear it has ALWAYS BEEN THE LEAST EFFECTIVE method of conversion!

Finally...

A CATCH-22 situation sets in...

If JW's do not preach, Jesus said the alternative would be..."...the very stones would cry out!"

Now that seems like the best of all possible methods of getting a person's attention---don't you? Rather than some knuckle-head in a Sears cheap suit with a book bag?

Jesus preached and ended up with about 120 plus 12 out of all the miracles and healing and public discourse.

Do JW's really believe they--with their silly Watchtower articles--can do better?

I vote for the stones crying out rather than cult nonsense in a pulp magazine, don't you?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I actually remember when I was about 14 or so I was working in service with a pioneer. he told me that Jehovah assigned us to do field service to give us something to do to keep us busy. He said, after all, Jehovah could simply have had the stones cry out. Yes, he actually said that. LOL Shocking and inadvertant admission that field service is nothing more than busy work.

• blondie
    blondie

Based on how jws look at it officially:

Happy are only all who are baptized jws in "good standing" the mark mentioned at Ezekiel 9:4-6:

*** w07 7/1 p. 13 Highlights From the Book of Ezekiel—I ***

9:3-6. Acquiring the mark—the evidence that we are dedicated, baptized servants of God and that we have the Christian personality—is essential for surviving the “great tribulation.” (Matthew 24:21) Anointed Christians, represented by the man with the secretary’s inkhorn, are taking the lead in doing the marking work, that is, the Kingdom-preaching and disciple-making work. If we want to retain our mark, we must zealously help them in this work.

*** km 10/87 p. 8 par. 7 Help Others to Dedication and Baptism ***

Only those ‘marked’ for salvation will survive into Jehovah’s new system. (Ezek. 9:2-6) How happy those who submit to this ‘marking’ for survival will be because of their dedicated relationship with Jehovah God, as symbolized by water baptism!

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the “flesh” that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks for the official references, Blondie. Boy, oh boy. If that is "happy", I'll wear a hair shirt.

• flipper
    flipper

KRISTI- It wouldn't have mattered whether you had associated with the Witnesses or not . There is no such thing as a " Paradise earth " - we make our own " Paradise " or " hell " while we live our lifetime out existing on this planet. So just enjoy the life you have now, it may be the only chance you or I get ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Blondie, thanks for those!

As a side note: When you look up the scriptures they use, it's so obvious they've got it wrong. Ezekiel, the mark is given to those sighing and groaning over the detestable things done in the city of Jerusalem, no mention of baptism. Rev 7 has the great crowd before the throne, serving in the temple. No mention of them surviving because they were part of an organization; nope, they washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and sing about salvation belonging to God and the Lamb. Again, no mention of an organization. And 2 Cor 4:1-5 is a real gem.

1Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

Sorry it's off topic, but I love doing that! They twist things so much to fit their beliefs.

Jgnat: you better start looking for a hair shirt! Don't you know JW's are the happiest people on earth?

• Terry
    Terry

5For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

Shouldn't they be called Jesus' Witnesses, then?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Practising JWs only hope they might be saved, no guarantees. The wages sin pays is death, so, as I thought my toxic parents would be alive at the big A they would be killed and I would live. Now they are very old and more likely to die before Armageddon so will therefore be resurrected but me, according to JW doctrine who wasted most of my adult life pushing their filthy magazines tire out minutes befoe the big A will now die. That's fair!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Supposedly, if the witlesses never reach you, you would be judged according to other criteria. These include your obedience to civil authority. At this point, the default would be that you would survive or get resurrected into the New Dark Ages.

However, once the witlesses do contact you, you now have to study to become one of them (even if you decline because you are preoccupied at the time). You need to attend all the boasting sessions, participate therein, and give up everything that amounts to fun. You will have to give talks at the Kingdumb Hell, and then work toward field circus. At which point, you need to be doing all you can (and then some) in field circus, and work toward baptism. Too slow, you die. Then, once baptized, you have to put yourself at extreme hardship in field circus. No longer is it enough to obey the law and mind your own business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit