The name of this forum

by Georgiegirl 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

We've all seen JW apologists come on here (or very confused JWs'/JW wannabes) bellyaching about how misleading the name of this forum is. It suddenly occurred to me - shouldn't that actually be a red flag for them? The very organization that claims to be "his witnesses" and that it is the ONLY religion out there sanctifying the name of Jehovah (ergo, they are the "Truth") - uses the WATCHTOWER as their homepage name. I wondered if maybe they had bought the .com version of this name, but if you go there, that's not them either.

You would think that a "spirit-directed" organization would have had the foresight to name itself after exactly who they claim to be - or at the very least - bought the domain names so no one else could.

They named themselves after exactly who their God really is - a publishing company with a flagship magazine. So much for making God's name known. Maybe I have a bad translation - maybe the Bible really says - and in all the earth you will make the name of my magazine known.

Ok. I'm going back to work. :)

• Ding
    Ding

It should take a dub 10 seconds or less of reading the thread titles to realize that this isn't a WT-approved site.

• scary21
    scary21

Good point!!!!!!! It's all about the watchtower.......Then the GB..........then Jehovah.... then way down the line Jesus(sometimes)MAYBE!!!

• Think About It
    Think About It

I laugh everytime some active JW posts about their "wrong turn" here.

Think About It

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Great point made Georgiegirl. I never really thought about that fact...

By their actions they will be known!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    bellyaching about how misleading the name of this forum is.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to check out the content of forums before I register and start posting.

W

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Actually this site used to be www.jehovahs-witness.com

During the last major upgrade of the forum the .com was retired (although Simon still owns it) and he started using .net. Simon used the .com since he started the website in 2000 and I could be wrong but that might pre-date the WTS' entry to the internet.

He got em first. He gets to keep them

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Good point Georgie...

he started the website in 2000 and I could be wrong but that might pre-date the WTS' entry to the internet.

...and you would think that as the WT is 'Spirit directed', it would have forseen this...

• ambersun
    ambersun
    You would think that a "spirit-directed" organization would have had the foresight to name itself after exactly who they claim to be

My thoughts exactly.

Simon used the .com since he started the website in 2000 and I could be wrong but that might pre-date the WTS' entry to the internet.

Yes, and as MidwichCuckoo said, you wonder why God would allow his "spirit directed" organisation to be beaten to the post by an "apostate" website where his name was concerned.

Speaks volumes don't it!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

you wonder why God would allow his "spirit directed" organisation to be beaten to the post by an "apostate" website where his name was concerned

well ummm he was still an active JW at the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit