Keep Your Eye Simple Brothers

by sleepingbeauty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Beth Sarim, San Diego. You all know why this was built I think ? Looks a bit over the top to me all that expense and nobody to live in it, untill rutherford landed there after of course. What a waste of money so this fat drunken old man could live there..

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

nothin new. jw's and the wts are known for their....wait...hold it....hypocrisy!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This house has quite a history!

I'd bet the WTBTS would like the story about this residence would go away.

I'm going to be in southern California soon on business. I'm going to make it a point to visit 4440 Braeburn Rd San Diego.

If you Google this address you'll fine a couple of articles that connect this house to the WTBTS and its' president, Judge Rutherford, back in the 30s.

This nice old house is like a 'black eye' to the Society.

Good thread!

• blondie
    blondie

I have been re-reading some of Rutherford's books. He said that the "ancient worthies" were going to be resurrected as perfect men in 1925 to live in earthly Jerusalem and rule over the earth....why would they build a building in San Diego?

The Watchtower, February 15, 1925, page 57, "We know the work of restitution must come to the Jews first, and through them to the rest of the world. As the Scriptures state that Jerusalem is to be the capital of the world and that the ancient worthies are to be princes in all the earth, we are warranted in expecting that the kingdom work will begin at Jerusalem."

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,738983,00.html

Big, blue-eyed Judge Joseph Frederick Rutherford, 60, lives in a ten-room Spanish mansion, No. 4440 Braeburn Road. San Diego, Calif. Last week he deeded No. 4440 Braeburn Road, an adjacent two-car garage and a pair of automobiles to King David, Gedeon, Barak, Samson. Jephthae, Samuel and sundry other mighties of ancient Palestine. Positive is he that they are shortly to reappear on earth. Said he: "I have purposely landscaped the place with palm and olive trees so these princes of the universe will feel at home when they come to offer man the chance to become perfect."

Newsmen last week asked Judge Rutherford whether he would not be troubled by bogus Davids applying for admission to consecrated No. 4440 Braeburn Road. Said he: "I realized the possibility of some old codger turning up bright and early some morning and declaring he was David. The men whom I have designated to test the identity of these men are officers of my societies. . . . They will be divinely authorized to know impostors from the real Princes."

Classic material.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

sleepingbeauty: you have a PM

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    why would they build a building in San Diego?

• Because prohibition was in effect and San Diego is close to Tijuana, where booze remained legal and plentiful?
    • Because San Diego is as far as you can get from Brooklyn without leaving the US mainland?
  • wobble
    wobble

Just a bit off topic, but Rutherfords belief in Jerusalem being focal in the Kingdom coming scenario rather shows that he did not feel in 1925 that Jesus was sitting on a Heavenly throne since 1914. ??? This from a guy supposedly chosen, along with his brownose cronies, by Jesus in 1919 !

By the way the real phrase, not the thread title slogan that they shoved down our throats, the real phrase that is in the minds of the GB is :

"Keep your eyes on the simple brothers". They believe that the R&F will swallow anything as long as they keep tight control.

Sadly, they are right.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they want us to make do with tiny apartments and meager furnishings so this pig could live like that? I wonder if that crap is still going on, with members of the Gibbering Buddy and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class living in luxury while everyone under them is living destitute.

• St George of England
    St George of England

A H Macmillan reputedly said "Beth Sarim was built for one purpose only, to get that drunk Rutherford out of Bethel"

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit