The Wealth of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society In The UK !!

by Hairyhegoat 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Just found these figures for the UK Circut Assembly Halls and my jaw dropped when I saw how much money they all have in the bank!!

Here are some stats from the UK, we’ll start off with some of the UK assembly halls.

The Surrey Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses is sitting with just under a cool £4 million in the bank. Think of all the mouths that could feed and homes it could build.

The Dudley Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses seems a little poor by comparison, only having £1,897,277 of liquid cash assets.

Bristol Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses fairs a much better. The Watch Tower Society of Great Britain must be proud. £3,977,491 in the bank. Cold, hard cash. I wonder how many schools could be improved dramatically with that sort of dough.

Wow, well done East Pennine Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses! Our wealthiest so far with £6,359,630 in the bank.

Ah. That’s a shame. Bit embarrassing for the Manchester Assembly Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Whisper it; less than a mill in the bank. Maybe they can tap up East Pennine…

"Ah-Cha-Ching"

Ok, let’s tot that up.

I make it £16,963,522. Cash. In the bank.

Now, that in now way represents a fraction of the wealth of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. Not even close. After all, the UK has a population of roughly 62 million. What about the combined wealth of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society’s representative charity organisations in Italy, Germany, Spain, France, etc etc?

If 5 of the UK’s assembly halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses have a combined cash wealth of almost £17 million, then how much is the WTBTS worth in Europe in total? It could be staggering!

Next time around we’ll look at the cash flow of the IBSA* (International Bible Students Association) here in the UK along with the wealth, both in cash, assets and investments, of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Great Britain (charity number 1077961).

*International Bible Students Association is a corporate not-for-profit organization used by Jehovah’s Witnesses in the United Kingdom. Some Jehovah’s Witnesses publications cite this corporation as publisher or co-publisher. [citation needed] It was founded in 1914 as a corporation of the Bible Students by Charles Taze Russell in London, England, and was the first legal corporation representing Russell’s ministry in Europe. Along with their Pennsylvania and New York based corporations, Watch Tower publications since 1914 have stated: “All three of these corporations were organized for identical purposes and they harmoniously work together.” [21] Later corporations, such as in Canada, were similarly named. The name continues to be used for corporate entities (for example, in East Africa), but in 1931 the religion formally changed its name worldwide from International Bible Students Association to Jehovah’s witnesses.

Tagged as: benjamin franklins, ibsa, london, money, obscene, riches, ridgeway, united kingdom, watch tower, wealth

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Mike Felker December 23, 2010 at 1:18 am

I wonder if the early church under the direction of the apostles would have had this much money stashed away if they hadn’t been under persecution? My gut tells me probably not.

Cancel reply

Leave a Comment

Name *

E-mail *

Website

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

</form>

{ 1 trackback }

Previous post: Is the Governing Body Selling Off Kingdom Halls?

Next post: “How Fear Inspiring Is This Place…It Is Nothing Else But the House of God”

HHG THINKS THEY DON'T NEED A PENNY MORE !

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Are these figures available for KHs too? I remember Horndean Cong. alway had a few grand surplus each month but in Spain we got the widows mite scripture every single month cos we were always a few euros short each month.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi,

I'm not sure that it is actually a cash balance though. Does it represent total assets including potential value of the buildings too?

I did a similar posting and I thought same as you at first but now not so sure.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/204009/1/Can-anyone-ask-to-see-the-congregation-or-assembly-accounts-report

Thanks

• wobble
    wobble

I think Thomas is right, the notional value of the property plus other things is listed under assets, a"firesale" of these would not necessarily realise anything like these values.

Having said that, they are sitting on Millions of pounds worth of Assets. if these were to be sold, the money could be used to do some good, but I have never known in the whole history of the religion for it to do anything other than hang on to any money it can.

It is a money making publishing corporation, that is also a high control, mind controlling, Cult, posing as a legitemate religion.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/business/2009-financial-report-for-watch-tower-bible-and-tract-society-of-britain-and-for-ibsa.html

Here's the 2009 financial report for WT of Britain with some informative comments by three insiders.

Barb

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Thank you Barb this info is very informative. Thanks for taking time to post this

SB

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Not all of those assets are tied to property. If you read the reports carefully you see that in some cases the assembly halls are sitting on £millions in CASH.

It's on my blog, btw - http://thegoverningbody.org

• Scott77
    Scott77

OMG! What a super rich organisation it is! Its not really poor as I thought it be before. I think, sexual abuse victims should start having a second thought on sueing the Watctower. I know, many attorneys like taking up cases against deep pocket organisations.

Scott77

• hotspur
    hotspur

Good to see Yorkshire folk still understand the meaning of Brass!

What about Bowes Road .... is there any detail of that?

• dozy
    dozy

As other posters have said , don't confuse fixed assets with cash. Surrey, for example has only about 176K in the bank (the figure of £4 million reflects the theoretical value of the property). Hairyhegoat asks how many homes could be built for these cash balances - I would guess in leafy rural Surrey maybe a 1 bedroomed flat if you were lucky! These cash balances might sound high but it is prudent to have some sort of reserve. Hellaby , for example , are just embarking on a £1 million refurbishment program. These are big buildings seating over thousands of people and need maintenance & refurbs from time to time. I would also agree with the poster who questioned the re-sale value of these properties - there just isn't too big a market for large conference centres.

The general consensus is that the WTBTS is moderately asset rich (all of it having been built by free labour) but ( it would seem ) cash poor. As we know, most members are generally working or lower middle class and this is reflected in their total contributions. For really wealthy religions , check out the Mormons with their compulsory 10% tithing system which generates billions , or the Church of England. I remember when I was a congregation secretary being sent by mistake a local church's gift aid records - it made our local congregation look very poor indeed.

Re assembly halls , there is a project in Scotland to build a new one near Livingston http://www.appletonparkway.co.uk/- basically 3 kingdom halls with removable partitions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit