Please feel free to give your logic/opinion here

by openminded 11 Replies latest social relationships

• openminded
    openminded

Subject: Jesus
    > > >> >
    > > >> >
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> "Tomorrow morning," the surgeon began, "I'll open up your heart...
    > > >> >> * "You'll find Jesus there," the boy interrupted.
    > > >> >> * The surgeon looked up, annoyed. "I'll cut your heart open, "he
    > > >> >> continued, "to see how much damage has been done..."
    > > >> >> * "But when you open up my heart, you'll find Jesus in there."
    > > >> >> * He looked to the parents, who sat quietly.
    > > >> >> * "When I see how much damage has been done, I'll sew your heart and
    > > >> >> chest back up and I'll plan what to do next."
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> *"But you'll find Jesus in my heart. The Bible says He lives there.
    > > >> >> The hymns all say He lives there. You'll find Him in my heart."
    > > >> >> * The surgeon had had enough. "I'll tell you what I'll find in your
    > > >> >> heart.
    > > >> >> * I'll find damaged muscle, low blood supply, weakened vessels.
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> And I'll find out if I can make you well."
    > > >> >> * "You'll find Jesus there too. He lives there."
    > > >> >> * The surgeon left.
    > > >> >> * The surgeon sat in his office later, recording his notes from the
    > > >> >> surgery,"...damaged aorta, damaged pulmonary vein, widespread muscle
    > > >> >> degeneration.
    > > >> >> * No hope for transplant, no hope for cure.
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> Therapy: painkillers and bed rest.
    > > >> >> * Prognosis:, " here he paused, "death within one year." he stopped
    > > >> >> the recorder, but there was more to be said. "Why?" he asked aloud.
    > > >"Why
    > > >> >did
    > > >> >> You do this? You've put him here; You've put him in this pain; and
    > > >> >> You've cursed him to an early death.
    > > >> >> Why?"
    > > >> >> * The Lord answered and said, "The boy, My lamb, was not meant for
    > > >> >> your flock for long, for he is a part of My flock, and will forever
    > > be.
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> Here, in My flock, he will feel no pain, and will be comforted as
    > > >> >> you cannot imagine.
    > > >> >> * His parents will one day join him here, and they will know peace,
    > > >> >> and My flock will continue to grow."
    > > >> >> * The surgeon's tears were hot, but his anger was hotter. "You
    >created
    > > >> >> that boy, and You created that heart. He'll be dead in months.
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> Why?"
    > > >> >> * The Lord answered, "The boy, My lamb, shall return to My flock,
    >for
    > > >> >> he has done his duty: I did not put My lamb with your flock to lose
    > > >him,
    > > >> >but
    > > >> >> to retrieve another lost lamb."
    > > >> >> * The surgeon wept. The surgeon sat beside the boy's bed; the boy's
    > > >> >> parents sat across from him.
    > > >> >> * The boy awoke and whispered, "Did you cut open my heart?"
    > > >> >> * "Yes," said the surgeon.
    > > >> >> * "What did you find?" asked the boy.
    > > >> >> * "I found Jesus there," said the surgeon.
    > > >> >> * Author Unknown
    > > >> >> * Celebrate Jesus in 2002 !
    > > >> >> * If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the directions.
    > > >> >>
    > > >> >> Jesus said, "if you are ashamed of me," I will be ashamed of you
    > > before
    > > >> my
    > > >> >> Father."
    > > >> >> Not ashamed, Pass this on only if you mean it.
    > > >> >> Yes, I do Love God. He is my source of existence and Savior.
    > > >> >> He keeps me functioning each and everyday.
    > > >> >> Without Him, I will be nothing. Without him, I am nothing, but with
    > > Him
    > > >I
    > > >> >> can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.
    > > >> >> (Phil 4:13) This is the simplest test if you Love God, and are not
    > > >> ashamed
    > > >> >> of all the marvelous things he has done for you.

• SYN
    SYN

Hrm, this is a very touching story. Memes rock.

But remember, God doesn't speak to humans anymore (he only goes through the Governing Body, nobody else), so this story is a useless piece of Apostate Literature.

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Touching story, although no where in the Bible does it say that Jesus or God "takes" people. We all die for one reason or another. It's not fair that little children die, but then life isn't fair for adults either.

• WindRider
    WindRider

It is a bittersweet story; very poignant. But what came to my mind is why God/Jesus would feel the need to have this little child suffer death prematurely, suffer pain and the loss he and his parents would feel; just so God could "bring back a lost lamb to the fold".

I mean, the bible says that if God wanted to he could even make the stones cry out in witness to him.....so why choose such a painful, heartrending way to retrieve a lost lamb? It just doesnt make sense to me and seems more cruel than touching when I think of it like that.

How does this story strike you, if you dont mind my asking?

Sincerely, Windrider

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    It just doesnt make sense to me and seems more cruel than touching when I think of it like that.

WindRider, I could not agree more.

A big problem I have with the idea of a Christian God is why he allows young children to die; and that God wanted this child to die so another soul could be saved shows he is either not very powerful, or not very intelligent, or just doesn't give a damn about human suffering. Surely, God is smart enough to find another way to reach the surgeon's heart. Since God chose to talk to the surgeon in the story, well...why kill the child then? Hey God directly talking to people would be a good start!!! Esp. if medical problems can be eliminated, such as by talkign to a whole major city at once, several times over several years....but no, God has to kill children to do his preaching work.

I am rambling...I find evolution to be more satisfying morally; at least nature is incapable of knowing or caring when a young child needlessly dies; I cannot say the same for God.

Richard

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Great. Another friggin doctor lying to a child.

• KissAFish
    KissAFish

Well my opinion is... God does not create suffering..he gave us the gift of free will and we have blown it. We as mankind are responsible for what we do to the earth our children and so on.. We can not blame God for it but we should blame greedy corporations,pollution and scientists ( though I am one ...)are among the mulitudes of areas we meddle with nature. Blaming god is the after effect.

"If you can't convince them, confuse them."
    Harry S. Truman

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh boy... anything that runs along the lines of 'god took your little one for some special purpose' makes me projectile vomit...

... and it's really embaressing when that happens in work...

This, to me, is cynical emotional manipulation with a reading age of 7. Using the death of a child to inspire belief in god is nauseating.

Like it if you like, it just proves that 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' would be considered cannoical and inspired if it was written by a bloke with sandals 2000 years ago.

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• openminded
    openminded

I feel the same way as Abaddon and Skeptic. This was sent to me by a person I care for a lot. I think I will just accept this as a thoughtful gesture and not volunteer my opinion about how absurd this type of scenerio really is. -om

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh no, don't say anything...

A friend kept sending me extracts of "Chicken Soup For The Soul" by E-Mail. She got really upset when I riped the piss out of a particulary trite aphorism.

If they mean well, and they're not hurting anybody...

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit