The Rapture is COMING!!!! SOON!!!!

by brotherdan 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That would be a good way for this Camping guy to get away with it.

"OHHHHHH!!!! You guys thought I said "Rapture"?!?!?! NOOOOOO!!!! I said "Rupture"!!!! You people need to listen better!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can use the Bible, and come up with any date I damn well want for "the end of the world". This has been tried so many times, cults have been formed, and people have sold out on the idea that the end was coming within a few years ever since Plato rounded up the human race like so many cattle with his philosophy. Religious leaders have been pulling that sxxx ever since, usually with the goal of taking people's money and running when the time comes and goes. I am sure that May 22, 2011 is going to arrive just fine (save for whatever Osama Obama manages to trash).

I will put only slightly more significance on Dec 21, 2012. There are many stories about what is supposed to happen then, including a 5D earth. Trouble is, I think it will be about as significant as walking on this planet and crossing into the southern hemisphere. I don't think it will be a big deal--we are headed for the "southern hemisphere" of the galaxy on that date. And even if anything does happen, and we have the opportunity to enter a spiritual paradise of genuine quality, the Establishment will make sure no one makes it. Notice how they are cracking down on everything? Notice how they are putting poison (fluoride) in the water, so your spiritual connection will be lost? (Yup, fluoride can ruin your psychic connection, along with your brain). Notice how they are destroying the value of your currency, taxing you to death, and then making everything you could do to protect yourself illegal.

Besides, with the December 21, 2012 date, I have seen too much "victims will not pass to 5D Earth". You are pushed by the Establishment or poisoned by the fluorides in your water, you do not make it into a world where there is a true spiritual paradise. Bad things continually happen all your damn life, bad things continue happening on December 22, 2012 and you have another 26,000 years of bad luck. As I see it, the One World Totalitarian Government will be in place soon before December 21, 2012 and preventing anyone from having the freedom to make this "spiritual paradise"--leading me to believe that either it is yet another scam or that it is genuine but the Establishment has the means to prevent anyone from reaching it and will use it.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Goddamn! Just when I'm about to predict the lucky lottery numbers, another bozo predicts the end of the world! I tell you, scams are not what they were in my days...

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    " There was some doubt last time, but we didn't have any proofs. This time we do."

Now's the time to get these folks to sign over their real estate!

Dang. Well wait a minute, I thought that was funny and a good idea, and then it sounded all too familiar.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Christ hung on the cross April 1, 33 A.D.," he began.

If christ were just an archetype underdog/hero in a fictious story...that would be a real april fool joke, now wouldn't it?

Is this where the april fool joke date came from?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There is nothing like a failed prophecy to reinforce the beliefs of your cult members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistakes_were_made_(but_not_by_me)

• -stache-
    -stache-

Are they taking bets in Las Vegas on the end of the world? It would be funny if they came up with a slot machine for that, too, in the meantime.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Seriously. You've got to be frakking kidding me. This guy needs to submit to a drug test immediately. Even JWs have better proof to submit than that. And we all know how well that's turned out.

--sd-7

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Huge WT parallel....

"We are now translated into 48 languages and have been transmitting into China on an AM station without getting jammed once," Camping said. "How can that happen without God's mercy?"

Somehow success equals Gods blessing.

*** yb03 pp. 24-25 Highlights of the Past Year ***
    There are currently 109 branches worldwide. The arrangement to have Branch Committees care for the spiritual needs of brothers living in various lands has been functioning since 1976. These committees follow the Scriptural direction and lead given by the Governing Body. Branch Committees have the responsibility to oversee the preaching of the good news in the territory assigned to the branch. The committee gives the necessary supervision to Christian congregations, missionaries, and pioneers. It also organizes the congregations into circuits and districts and makes recommendations to the Governing Body for the appointment of circuit and district overseers, Bethel family members, and students for Gilead School. Besides having general oversight of the service in the field, the Branch Committee cares for organizing the work at Bethel. There is no doubt that Jehovah’s rich blessing has been on this arrangement.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My brother in LA listens to a lot of talk radio programs and gets in on a lot of religious/political discussions. he and I were having a conversation the other day about aliens, the end of the world, Jesus second coming, and he told me that when Jesus comes he will be arriving in a spaceship...

Can you imagine, he doesn't think Jesus came yet...

I changed the subject...

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit