JWs ask- where are the F&DS?

by moshe 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

Yes all, thank you for the WT quotes. Well, we know what happened to Moses when he failed to give God the credit for the miraculous water spring. It seems the WT is now giving the GB all the glory and the F&DS are being written out of the script. JWs should be asking , "what happened to them?", but most JWs are too stupid to notice that the F&DS have left the building. I wonder what the GB would do, if some elderly JW showed up at Bethel and said they were one of the slave- when's lunch?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The real answer to that question is that this was a parable and not a prophecy. All Christians are supposed to be faithful and wise (discreet is not an accurate translation, IMO). We all must bear responsibility for being entrusted with the sacredness of Jesus' Kingdom. We all must encourage one another with "spiritual food" using Gods word. Providing spiritual food does not mean producing massive amounts of materials other than the bible. It is directing people to the true knowledge of the Bible.

So the entire concept of the FDS is flawed. Why is there no other scripture that tells of there being a 19th century FDS? Why were there no FDS before Russel? If there were (as the WTS states) FDS among "false religion" then how could they be said to be faithful and discreet?

And here is the most damning (IMO). Are we to believe that from the time of Jesus' death til the 20th century, that there were less than 144,000 true Christians? They ALL left? And there are still over 11,000 that have been selected TODAY?!? Somehow the math of that just does not work out...

• watson
    watson

Don't they get around the "faithful and discreet slave" thing by calling it a class? Ambiguity is their friend.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Sept 15 th 2010 page 23

Mark 13:5-6 (New International Version, ©2010)

5 Jesus said to them: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 6 Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many.

Luke 18:11-14 (New International Version, ©2010)

11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• moshe
    moshe

Yeah, now all the anointed , who never had any real clout with the WT anyway, are told to get in line and now bow to the grandiose Governing Body - the gang of seven. Maybe the F&DS, who aren't mentioned, don't have to follow the GB- but wait the F&DS are anointed first, right?- so, I guess they have to follow the GB, too. It's all very confusing to me, I hope the lurking JWs don't lose a lot of sleep tonight trying to figure it out. Just call Bethel in the morning and ask them to explain it to you from their "WT doctrine for dummies", manual.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Was it a parable? Was it a prophecy? Was it a prophetic parable?

*** it-1 p. 805 Faithful and Discreet Slave ***
    FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE
    When answering the apostles' question concerning his future presence and the conclusion of the existing system of things, Jesus Christ included a parable, or illustration, dealing with a "faithful and discreet slave" and an "evil slave."
  • moshe
    moshe

Wannbefree- just try and convince a JW that the F&DS are an imaginary group. I've tried to explain this to JWs and all I get are blank looks from them. It just doesn't register in their pea brain that this is a WT fairy tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit