Facing A Judicial Committee of Three Demons

by TMS 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

This is totally hypothetical, extremely silly. I was having one of my frequent "senior moments". Please hear me out. Of course, as JW's we did not have the opportunity to select those who might oversee our judicial hearing. Frail, imperfect humans even under the alleged influence of holy spirit, may not actually be the best option. What about being judged by a tribunal of three wicked spirits? Here are some possible advantages.

1. Demons are mentally superior~recall man was created "a little lower than the angels"

2. Demons understand the pain of disfellowshipping having been kicked out of heaven in 1918(yeah, right! lol!)

3. Demons are not "babes as to badness". . . nothing will shock these guys

4. Demons are swayed by "fear of man"

5. Demons can see through "covering over a sin". This might not be actually an advantage depending on your priorities

tms

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Interesting thoughts TMS

• TMS
    TMS

Idrnomo. . . . . . interesting nic. . does it involve doctor no more? Or since you're from Washington state and born in 1946 Stan Boreson's dog No Mo?

tms

• scary21
    scary21

If I were a demon, I whouldn't be hanging around a boring JW, or in the kitchen with Martha Stewart for that matter... A JC hmmmmm

MAYBE???????

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm getting whiffs of Screwtape Letters here. I so have to read that book.

• factfinder
    factfinder

How far superior are angels/demons supposed to be over us? remember, in Noah's day they wanted to have sex with humans so the gap between them and us is not as wide as say...animals and humans, is it?

Demons hate us, so would be very unfair in a JC. Just like the elders...so nevermind!!!

• TMS
    TMS

"How far superior are angels/demons supposed to be over us? remember, in Noah's day they wanted to have sex with humans so the gap between them and us is not as wide as say...animals and humans, is it?

Demons hate us, so would be very unfair in a JC. Just like the elders...so nevermind!!!"

Very true, factfinder, but what if demons saw you as a corrupting influence they might want to keep in the fold? Of course, this is all crazy talk. . . . . or isssssssssssssssss it?????????

tms

• wobble
    wobble

Just a slightly off topic point, in the OP you said "we did not get to choose who would be on our J.C.... " or words to that effect" (I learned that last phrase in TMS!)

It is possible to object to a particular guy being on the committee if you have good reason for so doing, this was done in my old congo. and justifiably so. It may be useful for some to know this, if you wish to confound their machinations somewhat.

As to three demons being in charge, how would we tell the difference ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit