Difficult Scriptures for Jehovah's Witnesses

by restoretherepublic 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

You can lead a horse to water...

Romans 10:9-13 (New International Version, ©2010)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” [ a ] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” [ b ]

Footnotes:

1. Romans 10:11 Isaiah 28:16 (see Septuagint)
    2. Romans 10:13 Joel 2:32
    Blessings in Christ, Stephen
  • Terry
    Terry

It took me decades to discover that the INTERPRETATION WARS of christianity (spawned by Luther's idea of Sola Scriptura) was NOT the foundational bedrock of belief, orthodoxy or truth.

Beneath that foundation was the actual BIBLE as an illusory source of anything at all but human toil.

I actually had NOT known that there were no original manuscripts, no uncorrupt autograph writings in existence.

That floored me!

The belief in inerrancy (all churches agree) rests ONLY on the original autograph manuscripts.....and they DON'T EXIST!

Suddenly the whole issue made perfect sense! All the interpretations in the world mean absolutely NOTHING!

We don't have the ACTUAL WORDS OF JESUS OR THE APOSTLES!

And yet, every doctrine and every argument and wrong belief stem from interpretational "meaning" of those MISSING WORDS.

We all have fought for over a thousand years over---what?

The illusion that we have something which we do not.

Inerrantists get very uncomfortable and start sputtering explantions and apologetics immediately when confronted with this fact.

The actual fact is that you cannot RELY on what you DON'T HAVE!

To claim something has been precisely and accurately reconstructed from variations over many centuries is profound intellectual dishonesty.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that can be noted is even the ancient scribes were confused on the subject and understanding of the true meaning of the holy divinity.

This confusion continues on today as each secular religious sect picks and chooses their own scriptures out of the bible to construct their own

religious identity, declaring it to be the true interpretation.

Religion is anybodies game to play when you think about it.

Of course the WTS own personal interpretations had much to do about increasing and expanding the organization's

own published works, its a printing and publishing house after all

• designs
    designs

Terry, thetrueone-

Someday it will sink in with the religious. I remember sitting in the Calvary Chapel Church in my town, maybe 3 years after I stopped going to the KH, and the Head Pastor and Assistant Pastor had a young teenage woman up on stage sandwiched between the two of them with both of them putting their hands on her head and praying for her missionary trip to smuggle Bibles into China. It hit me how these people would put a girl in danger for a Belief like Witnesses would put a child in danger over the Blood issue because both groups think that God is such a dolt he would kill millions of people who don't recite some catechism or slogan just the way they do.

That was it I was finally done with religion. Terry like you said shinning some light on these myths may save a young persons life we hope.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is much to do with the wanting need for power and accumulating wealth to support that power in most religions today.

Along with these wanting needs comes with it exploitation, coercion and oppression onto people who get caught in their web of containment.

That glowing power of god is just too irresistible for many men to not hold in their hands themselves and embellish individually.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

* Isaiah wrote about seeing Jehovah in Isaiah 6:1-10.

* In John 12:31-42, we are told that Isaiah saw Jesus' glory and spoke of Him

-------------------------

* In Exodus 34:14 we are to worship no one but Jehovah.

* In Hebrews 1:6 the angels worship Christ.

---------------------------

* In Isaiah 44:6 Jehovah is called the first and the last (confirmed in Revelation 1:8),

* but in Revelation 22:13 Christ is the first and the last.

Their best answer is that Jesus IS the glory of Jehovah, Hebrews is using an incorrect translation of "Proskuneo", and that Jehovah and Jesus share the same title. Very convenient...and fully unjustifiable.

• OBVES
    OBVES

In my view it is the only true christian religious organiztaion nowadays that God Yahweh supports .

The only other was the International Bible Student Association that preceded them.

Go to the endtime timetable as I have shown in some of my posts on alt.religion.jehovahs-witn.

If you don't agree with them you cannot in anyother church organization unless you are on your own like myself .

Even in this case I am sympathizing with Jehovah's Witnesses seeing them at the top.

Call Harold Camping who also proclaims the year 2011 and tell him you are a member of the church if you are and

what he will tell you ?

In my case I am trying to sqeeze out Jehovah's Witnesses out this church mess as an exception in these days .

Harold Camping is against them .

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

http://www.familyradio.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit