The end

by Garrett 16 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Garrett, see what you can learn from my experience:

My best Witness friend ever - in my previous congregation - was my frequent partner in the ministry. For the first few years, he was an Elder. So when I started learning TTATT, I discussed and shared everything I was learning, and even gave him a copy of the letter which I'd sent to the Branch Office, which clearly showed a major teaching was false!

Over the next 4-5 years until recently, I never held back anything, and yet in all this time, he has never once challenged or tried to disprove anything I've told him. Why not?

Simply because he's terrified - terrified because he knows I've been studying & researching and he hasn't!

He's worried sick that if he starts digging, he's going to discover that his Org is no different from other religions in Christendom, (perhaps worse) and he'll lose everything he's "invested" by putting all his eggs in one basket. (case!)

"In denial" & cognitive dissonance" sums him up, sadly!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

All witnesses need a plexiotomy. Thats where you install a window on your front abdomen so you can see with your head up your ass.

The two things I see they rely on to get away with murder is 1. imperfect men,but they are trying!, and 2. god is revealing things gradually because we can't handle the truth up front.

All nonsense. The gradual light brighter BS, when has he ever let his servants in the bible believe ongoing lies and changes in his "doctrine"? Maybe on some grand scale, but little truths were not constantly re-understood over time.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Circular arguments, reminds me of my ex. I would get so flustered that I would feel like hitting my head on a wall. You can't win. You have to learn to plant seeds out doubt in their heads and let their own common sense reason with them.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    "If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people". (House ?).
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Them: we need to obey those that take the lead among us and trust them. They are appointed by jehovah

In my opinion a person has to be convinced of the appointment or else they could be a hypocrite and I don't think they would want to encourage hypocrisy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I may be wrong on this but since my family has been instructed not to talk to me, then what I've started to do is one show them my love and how I'm still that amazing dad and I haven't gone off some deep end.

The next thing I have been doing to my teenage boy is show him the problems with the bible itself and once in a while the hypocrisy of the Borg.

Case in point, a worldly cousin of mine lives less then a mile from me and we never used to hang out. This year I have gone to his house several times and a couple of these times took my son. He asked why since he live so close why I never went over there before. It gave me the opportunity to talk about how as a JW we judge those out side the Borg as evil. He saw the hypocrisy in it.

With older ones adults in the religion with no obvious desire to learn TTATT, is been said here many times that planting seeds is all one can do and in time maybe they will see the problems with the BORG. I use the teachings of Christ as my best weapon.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jehovah's organization has had to learn. They used to celebrate Christmas, the light gets brighter.

Really? Well let me know when "the lights" are all the way on.

In the meantime, while you all are sitting in a dimly lit room, I'm out here in the sunshine enjoying life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit