what is the procdure for baptism?

by Aussie Oz 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Bugger. i hate it when i blank post.

ok, what i want to know, its too many years out for me...

say a 17 year old unbaptised pub who had been a little naughty in the past lost their privleges (mikes) wanted to get baptised?

do they go thru the questions or do they have to study a book first and if so what is the one?

cheers

oz

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Depends on the one you study with. If he decides you have repented and have enough knowledge of the WT doctrines, you usually have to undergo a formal study which lasts a few months, usually 6. After that, you must show your loyalty by becoming an unbaptized publisher again and go into field service.

The study material is usually "What does the Bible really teach?", but if you have already finished that before, it's "Remain in Jehova's love". The study-teacher may change the literature according to the pupil's "needs". If you do what they tell you to do, after aprox. 8 month (best scenario) you will be recommended to the elders for baptism.

If you get baptized, do not be a stranger, come and see us from time to time.

• alanv
    alanv

Hi Aussie, surely an unbaptised boy would not have any priveledges after all, he had not made up his mind to be a JWand that time. If he has already covered the books that are necessary for everyone before getting baptised, I would have thought he would just go through the baptism questions.

By the way I am sorry for your great loss. (In the ashes cricket he he)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It starts with accepting a study. Usually, it will be in the Washtowel Teach book (which will change when it goes out of date). Once you start studying, you will have to start attending boasting sessions at the Kingdumb Hell. Your attendance will need to become regular.

During the study, you will need to quit doing things as the Washtowel Teach book tells you are bad. As you get to those sections, you will need to get rid of items and quit doing things that those sections condemn. At some point, you will be enrolled in the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)". Usually, it will be for a 5-minute part, and you will probably be coached to waste 6 hours or more getting a 5 minute talk perfect. (which usually leads to a talk that is no better than one thrown together in 10 minutes.) The first talk is uncounseled; after that, watch out.

Once you are in the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)", and your boasting session attendance is consistent and you are progressing nicely in throwing away everything of value (as the Washtowel Teach book bashes it), you will be invited in field circus. Your study conductor will meet with the hounders to determine if you are ready for field circus yet. Note that, if you haven't already formally disassociated yourself from a church and are a member, you will need to do that before field circus. You now become an unbaptized publisher, and will turn in field circus slips.

Beyond that, after showing a pattern of consistently regular field circus, you can go through the questions. This is usually in multiple parts, so prepare to waste several afternoons discussing them. They probe your attitude toward whatever the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's doctrines are. You will need to display basic knowledge along with a "repentant" attitude toward whatever the Washtowel Teach book bashes. If you pass this, you will be told to bring your towel at the next a$$embly, and you will be asked publicly two more questions. The answer is "Yes", and then you get submerged totally. If a leg pops up (or any other part of your anatomy, usually hair), you will need to be redunked. Once you are properly baptized, you are now fully accountable to the religion.

And, fair warning, you will be exposed to rules after your baptism that you were not told existed before, and you will be bound to them for life. At this point, if you decide not to obey any (including the new) rules, you are subject to interrogation sessions and probably getting disfellowshipped. You also have the opportunity to pio-sneer (which means nothing more than wasting more of your time in field circus), go to Beth Hell (if you are within age limits and are exemplary), and (for men only--yes, the religion is sexist) getting leadership positions that give you the "privilege" to run the congregation following the exact directions passed down from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Needless to say, it is not worth it.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

When I was 11,and had to get baptised,all I had to do was memorize the Fruitages of the Spirit.Love,Joy,something something balhblahblah...Thats it! And show up w/a bathing suit at the assembly.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Is Fruitages even a real word???

• Mary
    Mary
    what is the procdure for baptism?

Here are the steps required for baptism below:

First you have to listen to Master Yoda and unlearn what you have learned;

For those who just can't seem to do that, a frontal lobotomy with a Dyson vacuum can greatly help!

After a successful operation, you can join others in learning about wonderful new truths;

Then, you can show your loyalty by getting baptised;

Begin your new life in a spiritual paradise.........

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh Mary I didnt do all that ...Are you sure that is what they do

I just sat for two years ,reading with two beautiful girls,who gave me a free bible
    who told me if I went round knocking on doors ,to tell people we could live on a
    paradise earth...I had to quit smoking( which I am glad I did).I would be able to
    help pick all the birds up after they had died from eating all the flesh of those who
    didnt become Jehovahs Witnesses... THen two very stong good looking men held
    me under water... & said, You are now a Witness of Jehovah...

BUT they kicked me out when I confessed I didnt see Jesus come invisably
    How could I???? I was blind....

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks for the comments!

i get the idea some of you think i am a 17 yr old kid looking for a bath!!!!

NO

i am interested in the process that my son will go through so he can have sex with WT approval in a couple of years.

It seems that despite some organizational procedure, some bodies of elders still make it up as they go.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit