Arrangement

by Yan Bibiyan 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Arrangement is probably one of the most misapplied words in the WT lingo. Its frequency of appearance in the Watchtower alone is 180 times greater than the Bible itself (from 2008 WT CD - “Arrangement” is used 2333 times in The Watchtower publication vs. only 13 times in the Bible).

When speaking of an “arrangement”, one is conditioned to expect a conscious effort aimed for betterment.

In a musical arrangement for example, musicians put an effort to sequence, harmonize and combine musical instruments into a composition of sounds that best conveys the composer’s ideas and creative force. In a flower arrangement, the florist uses individual flowers to put together a visually pleasing bouquet. In a seating arrangement, chars are situated in the best possible way for the audience to experience the presented program….you get the idea.

Enter the Watch Tower.

Disfellowshiping and resulting shunning is arguably one of the top ten WT practices that rightfully draw heavy criticism. Making it an “arrangement” not only does not help soften the resulting blow, but actually adds an insult to the injury by trying to present this harsh and unbiblical act as some kind of love! Disfellowshipping results in the spiritual, social, and sometimes physical death of the disfellowshipped.

Lets see if used as “arrangements” other inhumane acts are more appealing:

The Nazi gas chambers could be: “Confined Space Chemical Asphyxiation Arrangement”

The Stalin firing squads could be: “Supersonic Lead Projectile Piercing Arrangement”

Iranian public hangings could be: “Gravity-Assisted Vertebrae Separation Arrangement”

Al-Qaida suicide bombers could be: “Shock Wave Tissue Separation Arrangement”

Death by lethal injection could be: “Barbiturate, Paralytic, and Potassium Solution Overdose Arrangement”

Sugarcoating does not change the underlying act; it makes it appear worse because of the added level of insincerity.

Its about time for the Governing Body to "get it" and change its practices before completely throwing the religion into the “Soiled Adult Diaper Arrangement”.

-Yan

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So true, Yan. It's all part of the loaded language of a dangerous mind-control cult arrangement.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Their expression of "the truth," "the arrangment" = the JW "program," their mind-control "program." The JWs are heavily "programmed."

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Thanks for this thread. I HATE that freaking word!!!

• Girlie
    Girlie

"Sugarcoating does not change the underlying act; it makes it appear worse because of the added level of insincerity."

So very true. Example: a disfellowshipped person who is suffering great loss to themselves is expected to have the view that disfellowshipping is a "loving arrangement" from Jehovah. So their suffering is to be comforted by the fact that Jehovah is loving them by means of this discipline. How sick is that?

• clarity
    clarity

How about Field Service Arrangement!! uuuuuuhhhggg

c

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Elder arrangement

Marriage arrangement

Meeting arrangement

Headship arrangement

• White Dove
    White Dove

Same as a parent saying, "I'm going to beat you with this belt because I love you."

I never believed it and thought that I did NOT want their love if it was like that.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Yan- so true and I loved your take on it.....I hadn't thought of that word "arrangement" in a while- it does tickle the back of my throat, transitioning to an up-chuck "arrangement" all over my keyboard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit