The Governing Body and the Battle of the Bulge

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

if Facebook/the Internet somehow leads to massive DF'ings across multiple states and Circuits, in some linked fashion

Is this a real possibility? I'm only on here sporadically, has it been discussed?

• Sayswho
    Sayswho
    MadSThese control methods used by cults are so simple to understand; no psychology degree is required. The information needs to be spread and publicized. We need to NEVER stop talking about it. Information about the REAL truth is the key to ending the tyrrany of the Borg.

I will plant as much info as I can to help educate people about this distructive org...if the "enlightened" are not able to leave then they will know how to work around the unscriptural rules.

It's about what works for you...if the information enables you do things better for yourself and your family...then that is what matters. (IMHO)

Sw

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Suckers are born every minute, and lots of them. Moreover, there is a nut-job around every corner.

This very second there are thousands lining up to join some ridiculous movement, call it religious or whatever you want to call it. And, there are thousands of nut-jobs climbing the ladder to form a big religion business.

If Watchtower’s religion business were to completely fail tomorrow, somebody else could hang a shingle up down the road and folks would flock to it.

The religion business is a manmade social phenomena. The religion business is not about soundness; it is about leveraging uncertainty, unfounded fear, and lack of confidence.

Education is the key to helping folks who want to think. Unfortunately more often than not those living in a state of uncertainty, unfounded fear and lack of confidence will always be prey to predatorial religionessmen. Information can help them, but only if they want it to.

Watchtower could fall of the face of planet earth tomorrow and the amount of pain and anguish inflicted in the name of religion would remain constant because folks line up for it and say "Give it to me!". That is a thought that saddens me, but I believe it to be true. Despite this, I think love compels truth-lovers to share what they can to help those they can, and try to help those who can’t be helped as well just to be sure.

Marvin Shilmer

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower probably has enough money, property and investments right now for it to last a long time.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

People are masochists. There will always be individuals who will choose the whip instead of freedom. That is why there are communist-, stalinist-, maoist-, saddam-nostalgics. But they are mortals too.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

They will go under fast when they loose the charity status that lets them not pay millions in tax!! That is not far away in the UK as the charity commison is already having a close look at what the WTBTS do for the general public other that knock on doors!!! They are onto them as the government wants to get every penny in from tax exempt organisations because the UK is bankrupt Bring it on....

HHG

• metatron
    metatron

Let me explain more thoroughly: here's the young Witness incident referred to at elder's school (post by miseryloveselders):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204237/6/Some-observations-from-the-KM-Elder-School-I-wanted-to-share-with-you

metatron

• metatron
    metatron

The Facebook thing is panic. Trying to reverse their position on allowing college is panic. Mentioning their approaching doom on lacking MS's is panic.

The Spiral Bound Elder's Manual and the Hidden Convention Locations (I still find that hard to believe) should be clear evidences of panic - and collective madness. Like Hitler in the bunker they vacillate between irrational megalomania and fear of what's coming next. They obsess about secrecy while the internet gives 'apostates' up to date info faster than 'loyal' elders get it. They may as well be Der Fuerher barking orders to mostly nonexistent army divisions as the Russians closed in.

If you're an old hand at understanding the Society, you should understand their reactionary character. When morale at Bethel was abysmal, they endlessly asserted that being there was a 'privilege'. When challenged by mass depression in the organization, they assert that 'Jehovah's Witnesses are the happiest people on earth'. They lie to themselves and everyone else.

Observe fantasy-driven, mentally-ill people and then tell me how such people can shift between imaginary self glorification and then abject depression as reality tries to break into a darkened mind.

Overall, they are still deeply in denial, deceiving themselves with self invented importance but the process of panic is beginning. That's my point!

metatron

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

metatron - "...the process of panic is beginning..."

Beginning? I suspect it's been going on for a while, now; at this point, it's simply intensifying.

Just my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit