Matthew 24:14

by FrankWTower 20 Replies latest jw friends

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

I don't know if you've read anything like this before, but I'd like to share anyway. As you know, we hear time and time again how we've preached pretty much in every country on Earth (with a few exceptions for safety reasons). Well, maybe we have, but that doesn't mean we've reached even half of the people on Earth. I'd like to explain looking at just 5 countries: China, India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh. These countries are some of the biggest demographically. Together, they contain around 45% (3,084,214,968) of the worlds inhabitants.

Yet put together, they have 74,635 publishers according to a recent yearbook. That's an insanely large territory for such a small number of witnesses; that's one for every 41,323 people. And these aren't western countries so most of them don't even believe in Jesus or Jehovah or the bible, so they'd be a tough crowd. I doubt that most of these 3 billion people have heard "the good news".

These are just 5 of the world's countries. If you were to add up some more of the bigger ones or even the rest of them, we could conclude that the JW have not preached to anywhere near the whole "inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."

Country Population Publishers

China 1,338,612,968 20,768*

India 1,183,416,000 30,717

Indonesia 229,965,000 22,023

Pakistan 170,000,000 1,000

Bangladesh 162,221,000 127

totals 3,084,214,968 74,635

*extremely optimistic guesstimate

• snowbird
    snowbird

Welcome to the forum.

I spent many a sleepless night agonizing over that very thing.

Thanks to our Lord, I don't have to worry anymore.

Syl

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Of all the people who have heard the JW message, how many know what the "kingdom" is? They say they're preaching the 'good news of the kingdom' but they're really just placing magazines, not preaching. Most of the magazines say very little about the kingdom, except for a sentence or two at the end of a couple of articles. It's almost as if it's added as an afterthought.

W

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Religion is a Snare and a Racket.

That's the only thing the Watchtower ever got right. No exaggeration.

Welcome to JWN, FrankWTower!

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

Sorry about the formatting. I just fixed it.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Summary of WT preaching work

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Well, according to the Bible, Jehovah couldn't care less about that side of the world. I mean, Paul was sent West, and they said "screw the east". Since the only thing the BorgTower worships besides itself is the Bible, it's crystal clear that only a token effort is necessary. After all, since Jehovah reads hearts, they must all be useless baddies. Geez, the nerve of them to revere Buddha or Brahma more than his only begotten son....er, I mean faithful and discreet slave. Since Jesus is "The Way, The Truth, and the Life", and nobody gets to the Father except through HIM (er, I mean his faithful and discreet slave), they really have no hope, do they? The Watchtower can just write them off as "pagans", use the Old Testament as an example of Jehovah having no problem with ethnic cleansing, and VOILA, we can now use that half of the world to house resurrected people until they decide to do it Jehovah's way, or else....

... INTA THE FIRE WIT YA, HEATHEN!

Welcome to the board Frank!

Jimmy C.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome FrankWTower!

Of course, that is assuming the WT are preaching THE gospel

Galatians 1:6-9 (English Standard Version)

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

John 14:6 (English Standard Version)

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• sd-7
    sd-7

The March 1, 2011 Watchtower has a discussion on the topic of 'What is the good news of the kingdom?' But its focus was on the Kingdom being a government ruled by Jesus and some other people (they deftly avoided going into details on the 144,000, choosing to use Rev. 5:9, 10 without connecting it to them). They spent an inordinate amount of time either alluding to or quoting from 'Christendom' to highlight that all other Christian religions either aren't preaching or don't know what the Kingdom is.

The problem is, what good is that discussion without actually talking about what Jesus is all about? It is what he did before he was raised up that makes this Kingdom relevant anyway. Faith in Jesus, the simple message that gives it all meaning, is considered as an insufficient doctrine put into 'feel-good sermons' by the clergy. A serious discussion about Jesus seemed to be lacking, while the Kingdom government with its co-rulers and the carrot of everlasting life is more important. That's not how Paul preached, that's for sure...

The great irony? It mentions that many in other Christian religions don't want to preach because of sex abuse scandals and false teachings.

It speaks with pride of JWs all being taught the same thing--as if they study the same thing by conscious choice rather than by the threat of force and subtle manipulation into blind trust of the Society. They are specifically ORDERED NOT to form study groups or research Bible topics outside of the Society's literature.

It's amazing just how much information can be learned from what was said in that Public Edition as well as what was NOT said.

Also, clearly, the JWs are not preaching to all nations successfully, nor are they, as Stephen so eloquently expressed through scripture, preaching the original message of the good news. So...I think we're done here.

--sd-7

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Since Jehovah will "read hearts" at Armageddon, it would be best that as few people as possible hear the Good News. For, IF they reject the message, they will be slaughtered. At least if they never hear it, they might be spared.

[excuse me while I puke]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit