Simon, Could You Pull and Post a Report...

by Yan Bibiyan 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

...on how many people have joined JWN during the years?

Lately I seem to see an influx of new people signing up. Is it just me?

A report of user sign-ups maybe by year or whatever breakdown available could be very "upbuilding" and "encouraging" to lurkers. It can's hurt for the regular posters too to see ever growing anti-WT base. "Service Reports" should not be a WT-only tool...

Just a thought....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Gotta be dozens if not hundreds in the past year.

I think an annual JWN "service" report would be cool to see, too. I wonder if there might be correllations between influx periods and Watchtower Wackiness articles/talks/doctrinal changes.

• bohm
    bohm

Well, if simon could anonymize the user table in the db and dump it i would be happy to make some graphs. For example:

mysql -uuser -p -Bse"use jwndb;select creation_date from user_table" > creationdates.dmp

(the above should contain no usefull personal information).

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Well, if simon could anonymize the user table in the db and dump it i would be happy to make some graphs.

Next thing you know, we'll have a live ticker and candle stick graphs on the new homepage with people running fundamental and technical analysis on the membership trends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

But lots of people open new accounts because they lost old ones. I had one I opened in 2001 and I have no idea what the password is now. I also had one called slimboyback for a few days because I lost access to this one. Jgnat helped me access this one again so I stopped using the other one.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

A couple of years ago there were 40,000 accounts here.

• besty
    besty

Google Analytics knows all

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The little one becomes a thousand.

• bohm
    bohm

slimboy -- well, it should hardly be more than a few percent, and there should be little bias so it would not drown out any real trends in the membership data.

bumping up because i think it would be quite cool.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Truly, Simon is speeding things up in these last days!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit