Important letter to be read after jan 16 watchtower study

by mikes 19 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

You know, this is just SO RIDICULOUS! Announcing in advance to be sure to come to the Watchtower study Jan 16 (when all good JWs are supposed to be at ALL Watchtower studies anyway) - and all about some secret special letter to be read then.

And if the letter is that one about nothing more than "special pioneer hours in April" - wow, how (non) earth-shattering!!!

For gosh sakes, why not just put it in the KM and have it read during the service meeting?

And further, to what purpose is setting special hours for pioneering that one month? Is this going to result in even one new convert - I seriously doubt it.

Talk about the society taking itself WAY too seriously...like I said on another thread, they have more red tape going on in their religion than the Federal Government does in Washington, D.C.

• undercover
    undercover

C'mon James... show some faith.

What if this was THE letter... the announcement of when Armageddon was going to start? I mean, you wouldn't wanna miss that would you?

It's good that they let everyone know that that particular meeting is more important. That way everyone can show up and be disappointed togehter when they learn that it's just another push for more time in service... Yet, they'll be secretly glad that Armageddon has once again been delayed

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What if this was THE letter... the announcement of when Armageddon was going to start?

We already had THAT letter...prior to 1975.

• undercover
    undercover

Oh, I forgot... repitition for emphasis, maybe?

• minimus
    minimus

The End started??

• undercover
    undercover
    The End started?

I guess I should've verified my facts before confusing you...

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

The WT has the amazing ability to pull off what no normal corporation or the leadership of a group of people can.

They build up excitement for what is clearly an announcement geared to benefit the leadership.

How would an announcement at, say, Intel be received if it read: "The board of directors has decided to increase the work week to 45 hrs a week!!! Isn't that upbuilding and encouraging dear colleagues!!!"

Man, and the poor sheep falling for that bullshit....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yeah I love how the letter states that "the GB has arranged for" blah blah blah.....

Unfortunately when people think you are a handpicked tool being used by the Almighty himself, you can get away with damn near anything

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Jehovahs' chariot runs through JWN before it reaches the local congos....lol

...which in and of itself is evidence that JWN is sanctioned by Jehovah himself

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Since there will be no difference between 30 and 50 hour aux pioneers for April, this should make the statistics for the number of aux pioneers to really jump up. This will give the GB bragging rights about those who have exerted themselves in the field ministry as aux pioneers. Sadly they will not keep count of those 30 vs 50 hour pioneers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit