HBO Scientology Documentary

by tresdecu 23 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Has anyone else seen the HBO Scientology Documentary 'Going Clear' - WOW...Cults are just mind-blowing You wonder how people can fall for that garbage, then you (those of us former/fading JWs) look in the mirror.

I would love for someone to make a major JW Documentary like this. 'Going Clear' is getting a lot of press. Poor Tom Cruise...he looks like quite the whack job in it too.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    Well its not highly distributed but "Truth Be Told" is a pretty good documentary.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    With myself like most of us on here we had no choice as we were raised in the cult and forced to go to their meetings. When I got old enough to reason for myself, with rational objective thinking, I figured it out as a bunch of brain washing BS. I believe that "religions" like the JW's, Scientology or Mormons to name a few as cults as a person cannot voluntary leave the faith without being shunned. This is one sign of a cult. Free thought is discouraged and looking up to an individual or group of individuals as the only pathway to god are more signs of it being a cult.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The entire movie can be watched here on line at DailyMotion

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l7b1p

Scientology is just another self help cult, that started back in the 1950's by a science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard.

Its a mix of pseudoscience with its own concocted version of psychotherapy.

Its so openly fraudulent that the organization persuaded government status of being a religious practice so to avoid taxation.

In this endeavor the organization went about placing Crosses on the front entrances of its buildings.

This organization has nothing to do with Christianity what so ever.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzq2I9VveCc

Mike Wallace report on Scientology from years ago.

Marina

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that you can see from watching that video, that those who oppose their organization, are deemed mentally diseased or morally corrupt.

In reality they are the ones who have been mentally overwhelmed and corrupted by indiscriminatingly devious tactics and provocation.

Similar in effect as the JWS , the core of the operation is about money, power and control.

A self described business and openly offered to the public as a innocent self help organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is much information about L Ron Hubbard on Wiki thats worth a read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

A psychosomatic depressed science fiction writer, who got in contact with a not too intellectually honest

doctor of psychology, to support a unclinically tried form of psychotherapy published in a book for sale to the public.

Gee whats wrong with this scenario .

• yodastar
    yodastar
    Wow they have squirrel hunters. Thanks for sharing the vid. It's the same as the JW's in as far if someone is doing the thinking for you then the members don't' have to eh?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Watched going clear this morning. I lost it when they showed the interviewees' exwives badmouthing them on TV.

My wife actually had already watched it - I don't understand how an active jw could be so unaffected by it as she was. When I talked to her about it she talked about how crazy it all was without a hint of irony. Actually her tone was more of relief that she didn't have to deal with the difficulties of living in a cult. I think she's a lost cause.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yeah this was great and I had no idea about some of the things in this movie. Everyone needs to watch this. So many things are very similar to what WTS does. I wonder what would happen if some of the top leadership left the WTS now during the information age where it would be much easier for people to hear their story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit