How Does the Society Select Watchtower and Awake Agenda

by Band on the Run 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Who determines what issues to address in the Watchtower and Awake? I don't mean the actual writing. Which topics get lead articles? How are secondary topics selected? Thanks.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My long departed (dead) anointed friend told me how it works:

The remnant around the world are "moved" to write about a particular spiritual subject and send it to the branch office in their country who in turn forward it to the Governing Body.

When the GB get enough letters on the same subject from the anointed, it is seen as direction from Jehovah and that becomes the subject for the next WT article.

However.....I don't know if the present 'remnant' still labour under this illusion.

• TD
    TD

With this:

Sorry -- Couldn't resist

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Great graphic on several levels! Very well played.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Bigmouth, I'm sure that hasn't been done in a LONG time. Don't you know that the annointed need to butt out of the org's business? They've said so lately.

• Listener
    Listener

I don't know. They generally come across as being reactive rather than proactive and if they were being led by the HS I would have expected much more of the latter.

• blondie
    blondie

I toured that area several times at Bethel and asked how they chose the articles/topics. They routinely do certain subjects every year, they include talks from the DCs, and they have articles that they use as fill-ins. They base their choices partly on the reports they get from the COs and DOs.

But holy spirit was not mentioned.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Once I read the older literature, it seems like they just recycle it back through every few years. Not much thinking is required.

Example: I didn't realize that prior to 1975 they did the push to get people baptized within six months. Then they dropped it. In 1996, I thought that was something brand new, when they announced to study for 6 months ang get them in quicker. And if they weren't making progress, then drop them and move on. Funny how they use the same tactics over and over.

-MF31-

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Bigmouth, I'm sure that hasn't been done in a LONG time. Don't you know that the annointed need to butt out of the org's business? They've said so lately.

Ha ha Baltar ! Yes, I know but I really believed that was how things were done until I got here and learned from various posters how things actually work. BTW, that was early 1980's.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I agree with mentallyfree31, same info with different pictures every 3 - 4 years. Hardly any writing necessary anymore, until they want to explain another genereation nulight teaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit