The end is coming on May 2011

by I need a lot of help 16 Replies latest jw friends

• donnye
    donnye

Yes, the 'end' has been round the corner ever since I started to attend meetings in 1987!!! The next time that busybodies in the congregation try to hurry my boyfriend and I into getting married, I shall say "we want to get married in the paradise - the 'end' is just round the corner you know". Laugh out loud!!!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There's a theme song for this sort of thing

raul esparza "there's a sucker born every minute"

• Lore
    Lore
    "If May 21 passes and I'm still here, that means I wasn't saved. Does that mean God's word is inaccurate or untrue? Not at all,"

Gotta give them credit for coming up with that beforehand.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Your user name suits you well.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I heard this one myself, and I will be bashing it come May 22. Every time anyone predicts that there is going to be a divinely inspired end of the world, it turns out wrong. Now, there could be catastrophe from a natural disaster--asteroids can and do hit the earth, earthquakes and storms hit, and we could get hit with a massive solar storm knocking out the New York Stock Exchange. That can happen any day, not just May 21 (which happens to be Saturday). And Osama Obama could come up with any of a number of regulations that could impact on that (or any other) day, including a fake energy crisis, Internet seizure, sickness care regulations, or massive hyperinflation.

However, I do not believe that there is going to be a major supernatural event of intelligent origin that is going to bring an end to society as we know it. No judgment day. No salvation. No repeat of Jesus' coming back. No rapture. And no wholesale destruction of the planet by any supernatural beings. And, whoever started it is going to take the money and run on Sunday, May 22.

• poppers
    poppers

I just did a very brief browse of the article and it mentions that Harold Camping is behind this. That's the same guy OBVES is always referencing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_on_re/us_rel_apocalypse_soon

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Harold Camping evidently uses a different calendar to everyone else;

- one in which May comes sometime after August!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit