Did you ever think that Satan wasn't trying hard enough to tempt you?

by JimmyPage 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The WT would always say things like "Satan knows our weaknesses and how to exploit them".

So if he knew I wouldn't be able to resist a hot chick as a teenager, why wasn't that wily serpent sending them my way by the bucketfuls?

If he knew I wouldn't be able to resist a job offering me six figures a year, why wasn't that angry lion trying to devour my spirituality with it?

It was damn disappointing! Or was it just me?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

OMG! I have often thought the SAME THING!

It isn't just you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Because Jehovah, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, had other ideas. While he didn't want me to have any fun, he sure did all he could to make sure I was always being exploited. And Satan trying to put something in Baghead Jehovah's way, we all know Jehovah hates anything that might interfere with his nefarious purposes. Hence, no "temptation".

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Yes I know what you mean. We should have been experiencing more trials especially because he had already got those in the world & all he had to do was to get us to join him too....

I remember thinking what would happen if I did the lottery. Would Satan make me win & every JW would know what I had done!.... What a pilliock I was. Ive done the lotto loads of times now and I'm still no millionaire.....

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Jimmypage, I've often thought the same thing. One instance is the following: JW warned me that after baptism Satan would try even harder to tempt me the same way he tried with Jesus, so I had to be extra careful of his machinations. I was extra careful but nothing extraordinary happened after I got baptized.

A decade later I can't pinpoint a single case when I felt that Satan was trying hard enough and I actually had a really hard time remaining faithful. I thought it was only me. But then maybe he did get me by introducing 'doubts' through apostate ideas in service, and then now in the internet. hahaha

• jonathan dough
  • I quit!
    I quit!
    So if he knew I wouldn't be able to resist a hot chick as a teenager, why wasn't that wily serpent sending them my way by the bucketfuls?

Not only did the Watchtower let you down but satan didn't fulfill his end of the bargan either. It's all one big rip off.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LOL

This reminds me of the scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail where Lancelot rescues Galahad...
    "let me have just a little bit of peril?"

• JimmyPage
  • Ding
    Ding

Hey, Satan got you out of "the truth," didn't he?

Or was he the one who got you into it in the first place?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit