Its Just a Theory NOT ABOUT EVOLUTION

by peacefulpete 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Bohm, if you check out the link I posted above, the geocentrists have solved the problem of the tremendous distance the stars would need to travel in a day by shrinking the actual size of the universe down to ONE HALF OF ONE LIGHT DAY in diameter. They do this by saying that when the distance to a star is measured, (using trigonometry), the base of the triangle used for the calculation should be only 8,000 miles, the diameter of the earth, instead of how mainstream astronomers do it, using a base of 186,000,000 miles, the distance traveled by the earth in six months between measurements. This would reduce the distances to the stars by a factor of more than 25,000. In other words, 25,000 light years gets reduced to one light year, and then, they claim that the outside walls of the universe, the frozen "water canopy" in the book of Genesis, acts as giant mirrors causing endless reflections of the closer galaxies, making the vast majority of them appear to be much further away. So basically, the universe is a giant, inverted mirrorball like that which hangs above the dance floor in a disco, and yes, it is made of ice. This is how God "multiplies" the sons of Israel like the stars. This is the "electrum" of Ezekiel's chariot visions. God's throne sits up above it somewhere, outside the physical universe. So, God is basically a big jokester, fooling us with mirrors, and they've got the scriptures to back up that idea too.

I'm just answering your question, I'm not advocating this nonsense.

• bohm
    bohm

ProdicalSon: holy shit! :-D.

I suppose the doppler effect is explained in a similar fashion, perhaps the cosmic disco ball has a dent or something ;-).

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

perhaps the cosmic disco ball has a dent or something

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

He gets it all wrong. The earth is flat.

And, incidentally, it occurs to me that any point in a finite, but unbounded universe (one that curves in on itself in a higher dimension) could be considered the "center." Likewise in an infinite universe.

BTS

• cofty
    cofty

"Teach the controversy!"

• Gerard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit