Why do people have to steal what we say?

by Lady Lee 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

4 years ago I posted a series of articles here. I am always willing to share what I know and help people at the same time.

I feel honored when people say it has helped them as many of you have. And in an odd way I suppoe it is an honor to have someone think what I write is good enough to post somewhere else.

But I want to know where it is going and what it is being used for and I want my name attached to it either as Lady Lee or Lee Marsh.

I just discovered that somebody named david_aaron_phillips took something I wrote along with over 500 pages of things other people wrote, put it altogether into one huge document and posted it on the web. Some autheors have their names attached. Randy Watters, AlanF, Gary Busselman, Steven Hassan, Hilary_Step, Terry Walstrom, Sam Herd, Juliann Velasquez, Diane Wilson, Jerry Bergman, David Reed, and others who have posted here, on the old H2O board as well as info from Freeminds the old Watchtower Observer site and others.

Is it really too much to ask for someone to ask permission before they take what we say and post it somewhere else?

I have contact6ed the people who are hosting the document. But it might take a couple of days for anyone to get back to me. If your name is on the list above and want to see the file or add your name to have it removed then PM me.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Scribd is lucky they haven't been put out of business with a lawsuit. I've seen entire books posted on there before.

• cofty
    cofty

Have you got a link?

Personally I wouldn't want my name anywhere near Jerry Bergman's - that would be enough reason to object alone

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What's the beef with Bergman? Could you drop me a PM if you're not comfortable posting it here? He seemed ok in the few things I've read.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He's off his rocker.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I will only provide a link to people whose articles are included in the document. No use in pointing an arrow in the direction of material that is breaking copyright laws. Plus hopefully it will be down soon so a link won't work for long.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have even seen this sort of thing on Amazon. What with kindle and iPads and whatnot this sort of thing is bound to become more common and some will try to make money out of others' writing.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well a few good lawsuits to the thieves might help thwart that.

I never would have found this if it hadn't been for one of Randy's articles being on the first page. I then realized the file was over 500 pages and didn't think Randy had written anything that big so I started checking and saw all these other files in there. Mine wasn't even credited to Lady Lee. I just knew it was mine when I saw it and sent a link to the original thread here on JWN with my complaint and the page number where they could find py piece.

There are a whole lot of Randy's articles in it. 25 that I have found so far but there might be some I missed. At least with that list of Who's Who I fell like I ma in with a great crowd!

• cofty
    cofty
    What's the beef with Bergman?

Bergman is an object much derision in the scientific world he claims to inhabit.

You can read a review of his debate with PZ Myers here...

• AGuest
    AGuest

I've often wondered about that, dear LadyLee (the greatest of love and peace to you!). I realize that the forum/its contents are copywritten but perhaps it should go further (i.e., a statement in the "Guidelines" that stuff posted here cannot be used/posted elsewhere, etc., with written permission from the site's administrator AND the post's originator)? I think some folks believe that because it's on the Internet and so "free" that that means it is actually free. Which it isn't.

Anyway, just asking... and again peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit