The Watchtower are Right About Blood...

by cofty 556 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pressman
    pressman
    Oh man I forgot. I was just basing with what I knew on that subject. Maybe an alternative approach to this is to get them to see that what the bible says about this is not true. I mean it isn't true after all. The bible is the word of god and it is spirit directed but at the end of the day god choose men to write it. So it's largely based on assumptions rather than merit. You can surely tell this to the non absent and interested about doctrine jws. right?
  • cofty
    cofty

pressman - The bible is a collection of superstitious ravings of ignorant Iron Age nomads.

However that isn't the topic.

• pressman
    pressman
    cofty that's your opinion. it is the word of god and its up to people to let it guide them. But that does not matter. I want to know what you personally feel about getting jws to see that what the bible said about blood is false. Would it work? if so how?
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    How so?

A typical body is composed of all sorts of tissue. These tissues represent different kinds of flesh. Blood is a sort of tissue. It is a kind of flesh.

The idea of not eating flesh with its life, its blood, requires killing. If a living animal has its blood removed to eat the remaining flesh then that living animal is now dead. If, on the other hand, you eat blood from a living animal without killing it then you're eating flesh yet with its life, its blood, which is the very thing prohibited.

• cofty
    cofty
    you eat blood from a living animal without killing it then you're eating flesh yet with its life, its blood, which is the very thing prohibited.

Not at all.

Noah was given permission to kill animals for food with the proviso that he does not also consume the blood. The death of the beast was presumed.

Blood only represents life once the animal is dead. That is why eating an unbled animal found "already dead" was not a crime.

• cofty
    cofty
    I want to know what you personally feel about getting jws to see that what the bible said about blood is false. Would it work?

No

• pressman
    pressman
    cofty I'm looking for your input on my theory. don't want to beg but what do you think of it? Oh. I bet its stupid. Your resolution is more practical anyway. at least everything but what you said about the bible.
  • cofty
    cofty
    I bet its stupid.

Yes it is.

If you want to reach somebody with strongly held views you need to find common ground and work from there.

If you like we can discuss why we know the bible is nonsense on anther thread,

• pressman
    pressman
    but why is it stupid and won't work? the practical's of the organization should be able to understand given if they are so doctrine engaged. there has to be some way they can think beyond the religion without going against themselves. To figure out a better way than siding with them like you did is very investing. You should not side with them because when you do, you are just letting them control you and eventually you will be a baptized brother wondering why you did in the first place. Blood is not the issue here, its seeing what the word of God is wrong about.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Not at all.

Noah was given permission to kill animals for food with the proviso that he does not also consume the blood. The death of the beast was presumed.

Blood only represents life once the animal is dead. That is why eating an unbled animal found "already dead" was not a crime.

How does a person eat flesh from a living animal without eating flesh yet with its life, with its blood without killing the animal first?

Blood is flesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit