Born Ins vs Converts

by Red Piller 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

First of all, let me say that I do think this excuse of a religion is on a downward spiral, which will only accelerate.

As a born in, I always read comments here about how dedicated and hard-line we are. I'm not so sure of that. Most of the born ins (who stayed) develop a casual attitude toward everything. Even if you believe it, hearing about Armageddon, constantly, doesn't excite you as much when it's the 1,000th time you've heard it.

Definitely, there has been some damage done to my brain and self esteem from all these years of indoctrination. But as far as this subject, I always found the converts to be the most annoying and judegemental. They come in guns blazing. Don't do this, don't do that. This is wrong music......Someone who started attending meetings at age 35 - looking down on me if I skip one. Buddy, when you were 18 and partying or in a dorm, I was here, stuck for a Sunday afternoon. Give me a break...

I think the converts wil be the one who turn out the lights. The born-ins who have given so much of their time, their youth and its potential and who have practiced the most self-denial, will be the ones heading for the exit, first.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    The born-ins who have given so much of their time, their youth and its potential and who have practiced the most self-denial, will be the ones heading for the exit, first.

Can't argue with that.

• Lady Lee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit