by Atlantis 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

MrMonroe:

You are very welcome!

Atlantis

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Are there any updated links to some of these pdfs? I am specifically looking for the 1968 and 1969 awakes. I looked up the 1968 article on 1975 and they completely changed a whole paragraph. I want the original scan, is someone hosting it somewhere else?

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Norcal_Sun,

you wrote:

"I looked up the 1968 article on 1975 and they completely changed a whole paragraph."

Could you give a reference to the article containing the changed paragraph?

This is some important information!

VM44

• moshe
    moshe

This is more than the WT has provided to the JWs. All the good stuff in 1969 can now be read. Thanks!

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Hi Norcal_Sun,

you wrote:

"I looked up the 1968 article on 1975 and they completely changed a whole paragraph."

Could you give a reference to the article containing the changed paragraph?

This is some important information!

VM44

OK I am confused. I found this quote floating around on one or two websites:

Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run parallel with each other as to the calendar year, it will not be by mere chance or accident but will be according to Jehovah's loving and timely purposes....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years." -- page 499(assuming this is from the bound volume??) WT 8/15/68

And this is from the actual scan I found and is also in the WT Library:

Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man’s existence coincides with the sabbathlike thousand-year reign of Christ. If these two periods run parallel with each other as to the calendar year, it will not be by mere chance or accident but will be according to Jehovah’s loving and timely purposes. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth. It does not necessarily mean that 1975 marks the end of the first 6,000 years of Jehovah’s seventh creative “day.” Why not? Because after his creation Adam lived some time during the “sixth day,” which unknown amount of time would need to be subtracted from Adam’s 930 years, to determine when the sixth seven-thousand-year period or “day” ended, and how long Adam lived into the “seventh day.” And yet the end of that sixth creative “day” could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam’s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.

This part in bold sure does sound like it was added later. I found some images of both the WT 8/15 and Awake 10/8. Check them out here: http://www.truthandgrace.com/WT1975falseprophecy.htm

They are copies of the articles pertaining to 1975.

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Making a new post about this discrepancy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit