Don't Ignore Us!

by peacefulpete 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• knockknock
    knockknock

Yes, and the JW Org is getting an even tighter grip on it's members causing much stress. They spy on one another...always suspicious. I felt the pressure while a member but I hear it is so much worse now then it was a decade ago. I am so glad I've escaped their grip and now I finally belong to Christ and not a controlling man-made religion.

• streets76
    streets76

A few years ago, I gave a guest lecture in a religion course at a private four year college. I gave a brief history of the JWs from Russell through Franz, the various failed prophesies, etc., and my experiences growing up in that environment in the 60s and 70s. Most of the students in that course were 18 and 19 years old. They looked at me like, "What the fxxk?"

The average person could (or is it couldn't?) give a rat's ass about JWs.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think unless you knew JW's or had a relationship with one, you really do not know the nitty gritty. Once people find out, I think it makes an impression.

I do talk about it, things bother me. I could not watch a movie last night because it reminded me of the brainwashing of children.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Peaceful Pete, here's a thread that discusses an example given in the December 15th, 2010 Watchtower, wherein a young woman quits her job rather than miss an assembly...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/203462/1/December-15th-WT-gives-example-of-sister-who-quit-her-job-so-she-could-go-to-an-convention

THAT is the sort of attitude, STILL displayed by the Watchtower Society, that indicates that they still aren't emphasizing - embracing - a "materialistic" lifestyle more typical of mainstream Protestant religions...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit