Does Jehovah Answer Prayers?

by Spade 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spade
    Spade

People here have a fundamentally different opinion of what identifies a religion as true or false. Most people leave Christendom's churches because their prayers go unanswered and there's no evidence that God intervenes in their personal lives. Something that's never discussed here. Just about all opposers exclude Jehovah from the picture when casting judgments. It appears that the truth about the religion revolves around the acceptance or rejection of Jehovah because of what a person desires.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091001/article_03.htm

Roberto continues: “But I was determined to change my life so that I could serve God acceptably. I tried to fill my mind with positive thoughts from the Bible. I prayed fervently every day, asking God to give me the strength to clean up my life. I knew I could not succeed on my own. And I saw how Jehovah answered my prayers, especially when I felt demoralized after a relapse. I believe that God’s holy spirit gave me renewed strength; without his spirit I would never have overcome my addiction.”—Philippians 4:6-8.

Like Isabel and Roberto, millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses have experienced the power of the holy spirit in their lives. Jehovah’s active force—the force behind the creation of the universe—can be made available to you if you wish. God is willing and eager to share his spirit with you if you earnestly request it. But to receive that spirit, you need to learn the truth about him and sincerely seek to do his will.—Isaiah 55:6; Hebrews 11:6.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

George Costanza: "Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie. . . if you believe it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

To paraphrase a well known response to that question, "sometimes the answer is no!"

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, jehovah doesn't answer the phone, i mean prayers. People answer for him. In fact, jehovah doesn't do anything. It's always people doing things in his name. Should make a person wonder.....

S

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

No cuz I did't win the lotterey 2 night inthe UK!

HHG

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

I always think of it this way and all you others out there try to fine-tune this post because i'm kinda tired lol

1. God hears all.
    2. If got hears all your prayers does he answer all prayers?
    3. He only answers meaningful prayers.
    -If you pray for "God will you help me in the lottery" - Will probably be a no.
    -If you pray for "God can you help me with this months rent" - Probably be acceptable.
    4. If got hears all prayers and answers few prayers he is infact hurting others meh

omg i don't know where i'm going with this.

Okay, but to get the the point, I'd like to think of it this way, if god helps you get a job, but doesn't help the person praying when their plane is crashing then he is infact responcible for that plane crash.

-peace

• shamus100
    shamus100

KISS ME! :D

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I saw someone excitedly post on another board regarding the new year: "Can't wait to see what God's going to do in 2011!!!"

I was tempted to answer: "Same damn thing he does every year: NOTHING!

• OBVES
    OBVES

And when they pray they are inserting or are aware of these words while praying : not mine but Your will be done .If someone asked for something and it didn't happen the prayer of that person was answered : God's will was not to give that thing to that person.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I used to think so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit