Books by David A. Reed...

by Tuesday 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Just getting a general consensus, are they helpful at all? Do you know alot of people who have read them?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(never mind)

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Not the most helpful of responses but thanks for bumping the thread.

• bohm
    bohm

bttt

• bohm
    bohm

bttt

• still wondering
    still wondering

Yes, I've read several of his books. I found them to be most helpful in comparing WT dogma with what most Christian groups believe the Bible actually says.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes they are great. I have met David & Penny many times.
    I thank him immensly for helping me cope when they kicked me out of the WT
    He used to send out free booklets "Comments To The Friends"
    If I had not receiived them I really would have killed myself I am sure.
    David is one of the most honest exJW I know....I used to have his testimony
    But there is a link on the board (JWN) of testimonies ,His is on there I think.
    I did have all his books but gave EVERYTHING away when I went into the
    "Cukoo Nest"

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm thinking of writing a book but I do believe he beat me to it. LOL

• Ding
    Ding

When I was studying with JWs, friends used to tell me, "The Watchtower takes passages out of context."

But they never got specific and never provided alternative contexts or explanations.

This led me to believe that the WT must be right.

David's book Jehovah's Witnesses Answered Verse by Verse fills that void by citing Bible passages, giving the WT spin, and then explaining specifically why he believes the WT spin is wrong and what he believes the correct interpretation is.

I wish he would expand and update the book to cover the additional arguments set out in the WT's Reasoning book.

I've also heard tapes by David and have read several issues of his "Comments from the Friends."

David comes across to me a lot like Ray Franz -- thoughtful and concerned, not angry or vindictive.

• mouthy
    mouthy

to me a lot like Ray Franz -- thoughtful and concerned, not angry or vindictive.

You are quite right He is a Wonderful,calm,loving soul just as Ray was also

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit