An Ode to the 2 Apostates Who Tried

by Red Piller 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Many years ago 2 guys visited our KH on meeting night.They were from some "anti-cult" group. Can't remember the name exactly. Everyone ignored them after talking with them for more than 2 seconds and realizing their purpose.

Not me, I really wanted to debate them. We went back and forth on a few things. I could tell in their eyes that they thought I had potential. (Inside, I laughed since I knew they were never going to convince me.)

They even came back the next meeting to talk to me some more. They gave up after that. Almost impossible, to convince a faithful witness with a visit or 2. The internet is doing that job really well now with a slow and steady drip-drip of information.

Just wanted to say fellas, that you were right all along. I give you a lot of credit for stepping into the enemy's lair (twice.) I am not out yet. But mentally I am free. And that is a start.

• satinka
    satinka

Welcome, Red Piller!

It took a lot of guts for the "apostates" to enter the lions' den with their message of hope.

Posting threads on this forum is a great start for you and any of us who desire freedom.... I am grateful for this forum. It has been a lifesaver which enabled me to swim to safety out of the shark-infested waters of the Jehovah's Witnesses' organization.

Best of luck in your search for freedom!

satinka

• Quentin
    Quentin

I give you a lot of credit for stepping into the enemy's lair (twice.)

Yup, that takes courage. Good for them....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, good for you Red Pillar. Have a happy New Year, by the way.

Everybody has a different way that might work on them to free their mind. Debating some anti-cult people could have helped you tremendously.

Some can have these debates cause bricks to fall out of their Watchtower until there's a huge breach of the wall. Others manage to repair damages to the Watchtower of their minds when a brick is knocked loose- they go back to the meetings and the Watchtower Library and the elders- and they need to either be caught in a weakened state when they don't want to go back for repairs or else the entire foundation of their beliefs must be completely damaged before they can repair it- by revealing something major like the UN involvement or Mexico/Malawi or finding a Ray Franz book.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Thanks Santinka. This forum has been a lifesaver, definitely. To see all the mind-control deconstructed has helped a lot.

I'm at a point where doing something dramatic will really upset the social order for me, my wife and kids. Plus all my extended family. So, I'm taking some subtle measures which hopefully will lead us all out in the near future.

Happy New Year, OTWO. Yep, I agree. Now I can see why the WT doesn't even want you glance at anything. I think my conversation with them made an impression on me. Years later I realized it.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit