Post Songs of Rebellion, Change, Peace & Love - You-tubes Welcome !

by flipper 352 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

Iron, excellent choices.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Iron, excellent choices.

Thanks, V. As are yours. This is a pretty good thread

• Iron Head
  • Violia
  • Iron Head
    Iron Head

V, you post a lot of Zevon. I know he's considered a genius, but I never caught on

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Bruce Springsteen/Highway Patrolman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22mDKHkplUc&playnext=1&list=PL6DADA8001CE00F78

My name is Joe Roberts, I work for the state
    I'm a sergeant out of Perrineville, barracks number 8
    I always done an honest job, as honest as I could
    I got a brother named Franky and Franky ain't no good

Now ever since we was young kids it's been the same come down
    I get a call on the short wave Franky's in trouble downtown
    Well if it was any other man, I'd put him straight away
    But when it's your brother sometimes you look the other way

Me and Franky laughin' and drinkin' nothin' feels better than blood on blood
    Takin' turns dancin' with Maria as the band played "Night of the Johnstown Flood"
    I catch him when he's strayin' like any brother would
    Man turns his back on his family well he just ain't no good

Well Franky went in the army back in 1965. I got a farm deferment settled down took Maria for my bride
    But them wheat prices kept on droppin' till it was like we were gettin' robbed
    Franky came home in '68 and me I took this job

Yeah me and Franky laughin' and drinkin', nothin' feels better than blood on blood
    Takin' turns dancin' with Maria as the band played "Night of the Johnstown Flood"
    I catch him when he's strayin', like any brother would
    Man turns his back on his family he ain't no friend of mine

Well the night was like any other, I got a call 'bout quarter to nine
    There was trouble in a roadhouse out on the Michigan line
    There was a kid lyin' on the floor lookin' bad, bleedin' hard from his head there was a girl cryin' at a table, it was Frank they said
    Well I went out and I jumped in my car and then I hit the lights
    I must of done 110 through Michigan county that night

It was out at the crossroads head down round Willow bank
    Seen a Buick with Ohio plates behind the wheel was Frank
    Well I chased him through those county roads till a sign said Canadian border 5 miles from here
    I pulled over the side of the highway and watched his taillights disappear

Yeah, me and Franky laughin' and drinkin' nothin' feels better than blood on blood
    I catch him when he's strayin' like any brother would
    Man turns his back on his family well he just ain't no good

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Pink Floyd/Comfortably Numb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHk6clzLeMM

Hello?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me
    Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now
    I hear you're feeling down
    Well I can ease your pain
    Get you on your feet again

Relax
    I'll need some information first
    Just the basic facts
    Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
    A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
    You are the only coming through in waves
    Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child I had a fever
    My hands felt just like two balloons
    Now I've got that feeling once again
    I can't explain you would not understand
    This is not how I am

I have become comfortably numb

Okay,
    Just a little pinprick
    There'll be no more
    But you may feel a little sick

Can you stand up?
    I do believe it's working, good
    That'll keep you going through the show
    Come on it's time to go

There is no pain you are receding
    A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
    You are only coming through in waves
    Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown the dream is gone

• Violia
    Violia

Zevon really caught on after his death. He started primely as a song writer. He wrote 3 songs for Linda Ronstadt," poor , poor, pitiful me' Mohamed's radio, and Carmelita. She made those hits. He first hit it really big with " Werewolves of London' , his least favorite song, per him.

His son has followed in his foot steps and uncovered some songs that were never made it with the public. One song he did, The Envoy, was so far ahead of its time. It was during the Iran hostage crisis and it still sounds like today's news. I don't like everything he has done but the more I listen to his songs the more I feel connected. One song he did called " Genius' is just incredible ( amazing strings backup).

David Letterman showcased him a lot on is TV Program. They were friends. I have all his Cd's and am a real fan.

You know, Meat Loaf is not all that well received here in the USA. the UK likes him much better and most of his tours are over there. His music is not for everyone, and does not play well on the radio.( except for a few songs and even then they had to shorten them by about 1/3.)

Zevon is an acquired taste, one I am glad I acquired. Tim Minichin(whose videos' I post as often as I can) is also an acquired taste.

I find him humorous and witty. Songs like" Life will kill you and then you will be dead" " Things to do in "Denver when you are dead", " My sh*tsf*cked up" ", "For my next trick I'll need a volunteer" " " I'll sleep when I'm dead", that and so many more songs crack me up and and make me cry and laugh.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Zevon really caught on after his death. He started primely as a song writer. He wrote 3 songs for Linda Ronstadt," poor , poor, pitiful me' Mohamed's radio, and Carmelita. She made those hits. He first hit it really big with " Werewolves of London' , his least favorite song, per him.

His son has followed in his foot steps and uncovered some songs that were never made it with the public. One song he did, The Envoy, was so far ahead of its time. It was during the Iran hostage crisis and it still sounds like today's news. I don't like everything he has done but the more I listen to his songs the more I feel connected. One song he did called " Genius' is just incredible ( amazing strings backup).

David Letterman showcased him a lot on is TV Program. They were friends. I have all his Cd's and am a real fan.

I saw him on the Letterman show before he passed away. I respected (not sure that's even the word) his humility and lack of fear in the face of death. And his perspective on live. A class act

You know, Meat Loaf is not all that well received here in the USA. the UK likes him much better and most of his tours are over there. His music is not for everyone, and does not play well on the radio.( except for a few songs and even then they had to shorten them by about 1/3.)

Zevon is an acquired taste, one I am glad I acquired. Tim Minichin(whose videos' I post as often as I can) is also an acquired taste.

I find him humorous and witty. Songs like" Life will kill you and then you will be dead" " Things to do in "Denver when you are dead", " My sh*tsf*cked up" ", "For my next trick I'll need a volunteer" " " I'll sleep when I'm dead", that and so many more songs crack me up and and make me cry and laugh.

I completely admire him as a man. Just never got his music

I hope we can still be friends

• Meeting Junkie No More

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit