Paranoid about death and im only 31????

by master chief 11 Replies latest jw friends

• master chief
    master chief

Dont get me wrong im a really happy guy and live an exciting life but since i was about 20 iv always thought about how frightening the reality of death is it really bugs me ill give you an example im really young now of course and then i might walk passed a graveyard and even look at the stones and then i think that will be me one day. But i cant imagine being dead i want to live forever and all i want to know is do you think the dead are conscious of nothing or is there life after death. Iv got this idea though see what you make of it, i think that r bodys are just shells and are life is in us and when we die we go to another realm maybe heaven etc i thought of this because angels can supposedly materialize in to human form and viceversa so what do you think people is there really life after death

• Celia
    Celia

Noone knows.
    Your guess is as good as any other.
    That's why religions exist, to give hope...
    It's nice to believe that there's a better life after death,
    that this short life on this earth is not all there is...

• Celtic
    Celtic

Hello Master Chief

Hows you, good to see you here and I hope you're not doing so bad.

Where abouts in the UK are you? This ole bint is from West Cornwall, so if you are near by, or coming down this way anytime, feel welcome to give me a call and drop on by ok?

Death, ai, puzzled the hell out of me too for ages. Guess now I see death just as much as a part of living, everything is a cycle, so no, no more do I feel trapped by such thoughts, used to, know what it feels like, and therefore can only try to understand your concerns in this matter.

The way I see it is that we of course do die in the material sense, but our 'soul' returns to the Source or the Godhead, Universal Spirit, whatever you want to label such as.

Death holds no fear for me anymore, as I said it is just a part of life, a revolving cycle.

This is the sort of subject material that could take several hours to go through, how can I put this? Feel free to write me personally, or tel: and I'll do my best to answer your query, line of reasoning. Is that cool?

Take care, look after yourself, once again, good to see you here and I'll speak with you soon.

Peace and WhatKnot, WhatKnot indeed.

Mark
    [email protected]
    * http://www.can-online.org.uk
    Community Action Network 'think tank' in Social Exclusion, Community Regeneration issues.

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

When your dead, your dead.

Try this... imagine that when you die, you will be cremated and the ashes flushed down a public toilet without ceremony. Note: the toilet may also get stopped up requiring a "Plunger Assist".

If you can handle that, you can handle your mortality. Remember, funerals are for the benefit of the living.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm a little terrified myself, but that's what we were raised on; religious terror to control us. We'll get over it, eventually.

ashi

• QCA1
    QCA1

Hello Master Chief

I read your post and would like to reply if that is ok.Death is a part of life and you cannot die for the life of you,i was told that years ago when i embarked on my spiritual path.The body is only a shell like a car with no engine,the spirit is the essence and it is that that goes on living,there is evidence always has been,the bible is only one book that has this evidence,there is another book one of thousands that talks on this subject,that book is called "THE ROCK OF TRUTH" BY ARTHUR FINLAY.

i wish you love on you journey

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

there is only one real answer -- live your life to the full (old cliche) and enjoy it..

to me death is the end, if there is something else - that will be a bonus!!!

hey! and i love my "new" life (after dfing)

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

“Eat, drink, and be marry - for tomorrow we shall die!”

Remember how the JWs would go on and on about how that is a terrible thing to do? No wonder they are so miserable!

Enjoy life to the fullest!

• Geordie
    Geordie

Hi Cheif
    Celtic asked you where in UK you are. Im in yorkshire myself.

I also used to be hung up on the death thing, i still sometimes wake up in a cold sweat but someone once sead to me whats always quoted at the end of my post's. It helped me alot.

As for the life after death thing, well, who knows. Im a believer in Karma (what goes round, comes round). If you live your life acording to this rule I dont realy see how you can go wrong.

Take it easy. :+)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Two people, tired and dirty, quietly standing by a grave one leaning on a shovel. They just buried a dear friend.
    Both gazing down at their friends grave, one wiping the sweat from his brow, when
    Finally the silence is broken, “So what do think happens after you die?” asks’ one friend to the other. While still gazing down at the grave and hesitating for just a moment the other friend replied,
    “Not much.”
    Lonesome Dove

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit