Little goodies I found.

by Sharpie 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Hey folks. I don't post here much, I usually read and get encouragement from all you people out here :) But I'm asking for your advice/help/sugestions.

I did some cleaning in my garage today and oh my god.

I found Russel's Thy Kingdom Come.

Ray Franz's famous Aid to bible understanding.

and a little bill advertising a WTS Cable access tv SHOW!?

If anyone can tell me how to use any of this to an apostates advange please respond!

I know Thy kingdom come has so many damn pyrmids in there to scare the hell out of any dub, but I'm looking for really good striking quotes I could use.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Most Dubs consider "Aid to Bible Understanding" and "Thy Kingdom Come"

to be apostate literature so you probably will not get too far with those.

If you have a green New World Translation you can shake the Dubs a little by showing them

Hebrews 1:6 but they usually will go back into their trance in a few minutes and think it is just Old Light.

Just remember that Satan has a pretty tight grip on their minds so you don't get too discouraged when they

mentally shut down on you.

• journey-on
    journey-on

and a little bill advertising a WTS Cable access tv SHOW!?

I never heard about this. When did the WTS have a cable tv show?
  • tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Honesty...does the old version NWT use "worship" instead of "obeisance"?...sorry to go off topic.

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

@Honesty I don't think they Studies in the Scriptures is "that" apostate anymore.

The society wasn't afraid to mention it and show the winged sun disc in their latest dvd.

And I do happen to have the old green bible, it's still in the garage however and I'll probably dig it out tomorrow.

Another thing i forgot to mention is that I'm finding bits and pieces of rutherfords rainbow series.

Light 1, Light 2, Vindication, Children, Preperation, enemies.

Other books are The truth that leads to eternal life, and Paradise restored.

I'm kinda sloppy at searching but if anyone can find me any usefull bits from any of those books it'd be helpful!

And note to those that throw out old books, sure I'm with you 100% throw out those damn watchtower and awakes, but there are a few books you should keep just for these purposes. I tried showing people scans, pdfs, and they wont believe it and just say "You faked that, the society would never say that." It's a total different reaction when they have the actual book in their hand.

Thx in advance!

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

@journey-on I don't have a scanner so you'll have to make due with the picture.
    Front says.
    Cable 10.
    Would you like to know
    The bible's view
    on
    Drugs, The generation gap
    Family problems, sex
    the occult, paying taxes
    Astrology, worship
    Government, homosexuality
    -?-

These are a few of the topics
    regularly being discussed
    on your community channel

"The bibles view"
    Is regulary seen on
    Maclean-Hunter Graham Cable
    Fri 6PM Mon 6:30PM

True Peace and Security
    -From what source?

Surely you, like most persons today, want peace and security. People everywhere are weary of ware, tension, and turmoil. They long for relief. Would you not rejoice to see this earth become a pleasant, secure home, for all its inhabitants? But how can true peace and security come about?

Can man being peace and security through his political governments? Some think so, but you may have serious doubts. The world now experiences an uneasy peace, marred by fear. Poverty and hunger afflict large segments of the human family. Even the so-called "affluent" societies do not feel secure, due to crime, violence, drug addiction and pollution.
    Can the religions of the world bring true peace and security? You probably have doubts about that too.

In spite of this there is every reason to believe that true peace and security will become an earth-wide reality in our day. But from what source?

The 192-page book TRUE PEACE AND SECURITY - FROM WHAT SOURCE? provides the bible's answer to that question. It shows why human efforts have not met with success. IT then discusses what God has been doing to bring about peace and security. It points out when and how this will become a reality and discusses the changes that people must make in their lives now to benefit from what God is doing. Send for your copy today. only 25 cents.

Watch Tower, 150 Bridgeland AVE. Toronto, ON, M6A 1Z5

Here is a link to the pictures

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/219/img0090ra.jpg
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3319/img0092ow.jpg

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne
    Honesty...does the old version NWT use "worship" instead of "obeisance"?...sorry to go off topic.

Yes. In the green one, Heb 1:6 says:

But when he again brings his First-born into the inhabited earth, he says: "And let all God's angels worship him."

They will say new light has corrected this. They will also say that "obeisance" is a more conservative, unbiased word. When you ask them why they still use "worship" when it refers to Jehovah, they will say there is no question about whether the writer meant "worship" when referring to Jehovah. However, since they feel there could be some question as to whether or not the writer would have meant "worship" in the case of Jesus, they prefer to use the more generic "obeisance." I don't know if they are being reasonable here or not because I'm not a Bible scholar, but that is the explanation I've heard. Something seems fishy, but everything with this group seems fishy to me.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"They will also say that "obeisance" is a more conservative, unbiased word. When you ask them why they still use "worship" when it refers to Jehovah, they will say there is no question about whether the writer meant "worship" when referring to Jehovah. However, since they feel there could be some question as to whether or not the writer would have meant "worship" in the case of Jesus, they prefer to use the more generic "obeisance." "

If the writer didn't mean worship then why did he say worship?

The same root word, Proskun, is used for worship of both Christ and God in the NT.

Peace

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I've never read Thy Kingdom Come, but this is the quote I found from other sources that may be helpful:

page 153

The Work of the Harvest
    The fall, plagues, destruciton, etc., foretold to come upon mystic Babylon, were foreshadowed in the great trouble and national destruction which came upon fleshly Israel, which ended with the complete overthrwo of that nation in A. D. 70. and the period of falling also corresponds; for from the time our Lord said, "Your house is left unto you desolate," A.D. 33, to A.D. 70 was 36 1/2 years; and so from A.D. 1878 to the end of A.D. 1914 is 36 1/2 years. And, with the end of A.D. 1914, what God calls Babylon, and what men call Christendom, will have passed away, as already shown from prophecy.

If you have Light I, look at page 194 for the paragraph about how the Lord's people looked forward to 1914 and their 'prophecies' were not fulfilled.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'd hold on to those little goodies. Thy Kingdom Come and the Aid book are two that the WTS wishes they could eradicate every copy in existence. One day there will be a museum of extinct cults and you could donate those books towards the cause of awareness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit