YouTube - Elder lies about shunning and custody packet

by Soldier77 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

This is unbelievable! Theocratic warfare with the courts?

Elder states that JW's do NOT shun: (Listen to his weak definition of shunning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCzxajZxqs

Elder lies about the custody packet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0eKSMk7tIU

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I actually just came across this on youtube. It's pretty awful. Shunning is one of the worst teachings ever. It totally destroys the natural love of a parent and their child.

• agonus
    agonus

Apparently the brother is not aware that watchtower.org does indeed use the word "shunning" in an article about, er, shunning.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Maybe one of can send him a link to download that "Custody Packet"... I have it on my computer... just need to find the dang thing.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

If I am not mistaken, this very farce happened at the custody hearing of our own "alamb".

Don't you want to reach into the screen and sucker punch the Mfer?

• flipper
    flipper

What a lying, steaming pile of $hit this a-hole is. First of all denying that shunning occurs in families with DFed relatives, then denying knowing of a custody packet. He should be denying he's sane at the same time. Infuriating . Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Don't you want to reach into the screen and sucker punch the Mfer?

Yes, I wanted to do that in extreme prejudice! This guy is a piece of work. True "Company Man™"

• Mythbuster
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

Apparently he felt the following applied ....

*** w09 6/15 p. 17 pars. 6-7 Speak Truth With Your Neighbor ***

Does being truthful with others mean that we must disclose every detail to whoever asks us a question? Not necessarily. While on earth, Jesus demonstrated that some people are undeserving of a direct answer or of certain information. When hypocritical religious leaders asked him by what power or authority he performed signs and miracles, Jesus said: “I will ask you one question. You answer me, and I will also tell you by what authority I do these things.” When the scribes and older men were unwilling to give an answer, Jesus said: “Neither am I telling you by what authority I do these things.” (Mark 11:27-33) He did not feel obligated to answer the question in view of their corrupt practices and faithless example. (Matt. 12:10-13; 23:27, 28) Similarly today, Jehovah’s people need to be on guard against apostates and other wicked men who use trickery or cunning for selfish purposes.—Matt. 10:16; Eph. 4:14.

Paul likewise indicated that some people may not be entitled to receive a full or complete answer. He said that “gossipers and meddlers in other people’s affairs” are “talking of things they ought not.” (1 Tim. 5:13) Yes, those who pry into the affairs of others or those who cannot be trusted to keep a confidence may find that others are reluctant to share personal information with them.

• VM44
    VM44

Is this "custody packet" online?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit