A look at Jehovah's Witnesess ethics

by Hobo Ken 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

This post is to expose the unethical, un-scriptural actions of the men involved in the "judicial" processes of jehovah's Witneses. The lack of fair minded impartial justice shown to me during my "judicial" case is a result of what they (the elders) are directed to do by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesess. I am not alone of course. Many people have been through similar and will do again in the future, sadly. I hope that those who read this study in it's entirety will acknowledge that what they put people through is wrong on many levels. As you read I hope you will recognise they are seriously flawed in their methods also.
    This study has been kindly and painstakingly put together at great effort by an anonymous person who I believe is an active Jehovah's Witness, but feels very strongly about this particular issue. He has given me permission to publish what he has written on his behalf.
    The full study is available here to read and I would strongly recommend all to read it. It is a wonderfully well written, well researched and well thought out peice of work. The logic employed is very difficult to refute. Written not as an attack on JWs in any way it brilliantly points out step by step where the author feels things went wrong. I hope you enjoy it.

Deathorobedience.blogspot.com

Matt

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

This looks very interesting. I haven't time to read the entire thing right now, so I have downloaded it to my pc, and bookmarked the blog. I will read them both when I can take the time to do a proper job.

GrandmaJones

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Frankly, I found it hard to understand. I'd rather read actual transcripts without the editorializing. Are such transcripts kept? I don't know.

The Witnesses have a right to discipline those who don't meet their criteria. I don't recall them ever vesting rights in anyone. If it gets to this point, would you want to return to the fold. The problem that I see is someone accused who still believes in the godliness of the organization. Jesus actively sought out the sinners of his day. My family was active in Russell's day. Individual thought was allowed. Witnesses have no due process rights in the org. Their lunacy is so obvious why would anyone want to continue to associate?

I notice the pain of their judicial (?) inquiry is oft-repeated here. Who cares what they think? I'd worry what Christ thinks. Reading the Bible in consecutive verse for hours at a time should throw off any doubt that the WTBTS is Christ's representative.

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

@band on the run.

Thanks for posting. There are full trancripts available of the two judicial cases as well as full audio.

Reading or listening to them contextualises the ethics study.

They are all available at these websites free to download.

death or obedience

Trial of a Jehovah's Witness

Matt

• designs
    designs

Band on the Run-

The person who begins to study with the Witnesses has no clue what is in store for them should they break the rules.

For those born in the religion and do know about Judical Committees and Reproofs they are stuck until they get to an adult age and certain circumstance where they can break free.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

marked for later Ken, probably very similar to the JC I found myself having to attend many years ago when I was a member of the Wimbledon congregation, during the first hearing chaired by Jeff Woodfield (a decent man) the elders brought in to judge and punish me were Stan Rogers,Dave Churchill (2 shits) and Rensford Ming (quiet during the hearing decent man TBH) during the 2 weekends of secret interrogations Churchill and Rogers were abusive,patronizing,intimidating and down right rude during their questioning,and 2 elders who came in as witnesses fabricated and lied when reading thier evidence, my appeal was made up of 4 decent men the chairman being Ron Bicknell I had to lie my way through the appeal as all through this time I was still reading Apostate literature and associating other apostates, I was successful with the appeal as being DF'ed then would have put my wife and family through unspeakable turmoil.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:A look at Jehovah's Witnesess ethics

I think that oxymoron says it all.

Farkel

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

As a jw i never knew so many were Dfed for stupid reasons now it seems like most of us are. I would have been Df'ed for a false accusation but i DA myself firt. They are such narcistic foools

• fokyc
    fokyc

The majority of the management side of the Jehovah's Witnesses Organisation have NO ethics;

They are AMORAL; and very good liars.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I may be insensitive. Why give them the appearance of legitimacy by participating in the proceddings? Admittedly, it has been a while but I don't recall anyone not being disfellowshiped, though I suppose it is a possibility. Once tried and not convicted, how does one participate in Kingdom Hall ever again? One of the most famous passages in the Gospels is when Jesus states "Let he who has never sinned, throw the first stone." I've become a worldly New Testament/Greek scripture amateur scholar. A whole wealth of Jesus incidents had to occur. The Bible only gives us the highlights. Jesus actively sought out outcasts. He chose Matthrew, the tax collector, the Samaritan woman, the mentally ill, the unclean woman with a hemorrage, the dead Lazarus, He even socially dined with a Pharisee. He was not a legalistic nitpicker. His actions heralded the beginning of God's Kingdom, a place of great love. He was a man of great compassion and understanding of human foibles.

He does not come across a zombie, far removed into his own world. He performed his first miracle at Cana, the wedding celebration. He loved life and lived abundantly. Mary and Martha are a controversial duo among women. I fully identify with Mary. This Jesus, a male, rumored to be both the Son of God and the more important son of Man, commended Mary, who was not doing traditional Jewish work.

I will read the actual transcripts later.

Merry Christmas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit