Can't fault Witnesses for their level of dedication.

by Vanderhoven7 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

A sister was known to find good in everyone and everything. She was asked what the good in Satan was. She replied that he was a hard worker.

• FloridaPerry
    FloridaPerry

LOL! Satan a hard worker. Sounds like my mom, always finding the good in people.

She's one of the best people I know of, and she's a JW. I have some brothers and sisters who are D'Fed and she still talks to them. They live out of State, tho. She's dedicated to a point, but not an idiot. I think she's just "comfortable" with the JW's and feels she's too old to change. I'm not exactly sure how she feels about their teachings because I don't want to get into it with her and offend her. She lives alone, and it works for her.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Sadly, there is much you can fault. Dedication to a cause that is worthy - emancipation from slavery, for example - is something you can't fault, but dedication to something that does harm - sacrificing human lives to an unseen, unknowable deity, for example - is something in which you can't help but find fault. I expect your statement is sarcastic.

There are some non-Western societies that admire Adolf Hitler. Taiwan is a good example, but there are others. They admire him not because of the atrocities he committed but because he was dedicated and orderly and achieved great things. Personally, I find fault in Adolf Hitler and in the WTS, but that's just me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit