I'm sick of this boring life!!

by Nicolas 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I'm really tired of always having to fight. I don't have any friends in this world and I don't want to return to the evil WatchTower. It seem to me that everyone else around have fun and enjoy the life while, I still don't know what to I do with my life. What will be the difference if I die now instead of in about 60 years? Anyway, nobody will care because I don't anyone who really care for me in this damned world.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hey Dude,

Just thought I would drop you a note real quick and let you know I understand that feeling. When I dropped out of the Borg like decades ago, it was the pits because I left my whole life behind. I wish there was the Internet then and cool places like this one where you can make good friends with people both online and in person.

I suggest that you unwind a bit and drop by in chat to see what I mean.

Take care.

Skipper

• Beans
    Beans

Dear Nick and fellow Canadian!:
    Dam right someone cares we all do,I would bet that alot of people in this forum have been in the same situation as yourself.Leaving the association can be very difficult when you have not asociated with WORDLY people often.
    I say anybody out there help our friend out with some good tips for WORDLY association!!!

Beans

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Nicolas:

You sound like a young man. Therefore, instead of contemplating suicide, try a change of scenery. Get on a plane, a train, or a bus and go somewhere else, meet new people, whatever. You will be amazed what a change in location can do for you, even if just for a little while.

It's a big world out there with many wonderful people. They are waiting to get to know you as well. I'm not bullshitting you. I've felt like you do and looking back on it, I'm damn glad I've survived as long as I have.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Yeh I still do that but thankfully not as much Ias I use to
    I think its called a "Period of Adjustment"
    It's tuff, sometimes really really tuff. Hang in there baby!
    LOL plm

• gambler
    gambler

You have to work at making freinds they just dont fall into your lap and the same thing gos for every thing else in life.Belive me I wish I could be Homer simpson and never have to work for anything yet have it all but it dose not work that way.Too bad because Im on the lazy side.Life can be like turd, floating lazily down the sewer, never doing a damm thing, but only if YOU let it be like that.

• Martini
    Martini

Geezus Nico, if you got 60 plus years to live yet means you have the best thing going for you! Most only find out about the Cult when little life is truely left for them. Ahhh perhaps this is the reason they are making the most with the life they have now.

You have a choice...choose to trust,appreciate,love and care for people...choose to be at peace, be creative,to be counted, to be involved and make a positive difference for the world. Choose to give, to be confident,content,helpful,joyful,powerful. Choose to see big to live NOW,to relax be alive get on path.Get excited,get connected. Let go of boredom YOU HAVE sooo much!
    You do have a choice because you are young and free to choose!

Martini

• flower
    flower

well having been there i know that nothing anyone says about now really makes any difference but i'll say it anyway..it'll get better!

i've thought the same things you are saying now but trust me its just the way things look through the thick dark cloud looming over you. it'll clear up and fade away and you'll start to see things the way they really are.

it doesnt seem like it right now but hang in there and you'll see things turn around for you.

lets talk! can i email you?

flower

• butalbee
    butalbee

Hey, darling, life is rough, but life is what you make it!! Please believe that when you left the WT that was the best thing in the world, that made you FREE to do what you want, be the person you really want to be, and explore any interest you might have with no regrets...You have everything to live for, you have the entire world just waiting for you, and you have the FREEDOM to enjoy it! Go out, meet new people, do whatever interests you, you'll find friends in the most amazing places!!! Hey, and you know we're all here for you on this board, 24/7, all you have to do is post, or chat! My e mail is open, if you need someone to talk to!
    Your friend,
    Lara

• outnfree
    outnfree

Nicolas,

How are things going with learning to play the guitar? Have you found a book yet? Are you teaching yourself or taking lessons?

Have you definitely been diagnosed with PTSD? Are you in counseling? Have you tried any meds to help mellow you out a bit?

I am with you in how boring life can be. I have a family to take care of, but I only have one LOCAL friend left now that I'm out of the Borg. I don't live near any relatives and when we relocated I made all my friends among the JWs at the hall. I DO spend time in chat here, and I love to read, so I read the board and also tons of books, all kinds. Do you like to read?

My plan to help myself make more friends is to volunteer locally. And maybe join a chorale group, as I used to sing when I was younger.

What interests you (besides the guitar)? Don't be shy, and don't despair. I made a really good friend at 40, and hope to make more.
    Since you're only 18 or so, looks like you'll have many years of friend-making to enjoy!

Hang in there, kiddo!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit