just got shunned by someone I thought was "good" JW - guess not

by Found Sheep 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

When I first left my EX I even stayed at there house for a while and just this summer I went to his wedding?! Anyway I guess because I DA myself he now has to look the other way when I say hi to him?!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep - the cult personality always wins out.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

must say i was dissapointed! He was even on my facebook. I just deleted him and put a message that his Mom will read, saying I deleted anyone that would be embarrassed to say hi to me in public. Not that is matters what I say. I would love to help them but i know they are the ones that need to want to be helped

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

He must protect his STATUS.

He may like you, but he doesn't want to be TREATED like you.

Therefore, he must shun you.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

If that doesn't scream CULT! nothing does!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Leaving WT,

The Beatles were my refuge from the Witnesses. I was an original fan club member. Over time, I've seen all of them in concert many times (thanks in large part to living in a world city). During my teen years, I had a British pen pal. She sent me British Beatle stuff in exchange for Monkee stuff. My father forbid me to have anything to do with the Beatles. John Lennon was the focal point of his anger. All my Beatle stuff was confiscated. The last big scene he sat in his undershorts lecturing how bad John Lennon was. Lennon was already recognizing as a massive cultural icon and enduring influence in music. I started to laugh at the inequities of the my father vs. John Lennon battle. When Lennon was murdered in the city that is my home, it triggered me greatly. Can anyone escape the Witnesses?

Everytime I attend a concert I pinch myself. I, a JW girl, am at a concert. Paul was my favorite when I was younger. Frequently, I travel out of my way to place flowers on Strawberry Fields and correct the misperceptions of young people. I feel so empowered. Their music was such a joy that cut through the Witness' stilted culture. My body and mind knew instinctively that the Beatles were good and the WTS bad. I feel my days were blessed growing up with Beatles as they grew up.

Band on the Run

Wasn't McCartney awesome performing A Day in the Life on SNL? I had tears in my eyes. Also, I much prefer hearing John's voice.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

must say I always loved the Beatles too. glad you had a mental escape! I need to find one

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Band on the Run: Are you freakin' kiddin me? Paul was HORRIBLE on SNL the other weekend. I couldn't believe how bad and over-the-hill he was. It was SAD!!!!! He should now retire gracefully, before it is too late. Time to hang up the mic.

Sorry.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit