February 2011 KM - no more daily text before service

by Red Piller 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I used to *hate* conducting meetings for field service. What a nightmare! Everyone was half-asleep anyway, no one wanted to comment and then arranging the car groups was the very worst part of it all.

One time I actually walked out! I was only 19 at the time and the situation so overwhelmed me that I just left.

• life is to short
    life is to short

When my husband was an elder none of the other elders would conduct. It was horrible to sit there and watch. I remember one time there were four elders there and it was five minutes past the time to start. The PO was there, etc. My husband was like someone has to conduct but if he did it they would jump him for it because he was running ahead we were new to the hall. It was so strange. The brother who was supposed to conduct was not their yet, so my husband went to the PO and the PO said loudly I not conducting I am not prepared, the SO said he was not prepared, etc. Finally my husband conducted that was the start to the new hall the brothers were upset with my husband for not waiting for the brother who was supposed to conduct to get there? I know makes no sense.

What I saw in every hall I went to was no one wanted to conduct expect the child molester. He loved it.

LITS

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Red Piller:

Your source is right again! This a.m. at the KH meeting for F.S. it is mentioned that though it appears in the Feb 2011 KM, the daily text is going to be scrapped now!

That means those conducting will have to be even more 'long winded'.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

thanks for the update...! Interesting development, huh?

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

This is now official. From the Feb KM:

In the past, meetings for field service
    might have included a brief discussion of
    the daily text if it related to the ministry.
    This is being adjusted. Examining the Scriptures
    Daily should no longer be used as a basis
    for discussion during meetings for service

• Open mind
    Open mind

I had an elder with JW.org access confirm this the other day. He looked at the Feb KM online.

om

• badseed
    badseed

ya, meeting at mcdonalds is much better.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

In my area there were 2 extremely old and frail ministerial servants who would defer to a pioneer sister (who was willing to place a paper napkin on her head) to do the daily text (from Mon thruogh Friday)... then, they would simply do the prayer and divide the group... On the weekends, the elders would then take over from A to Z...

I really thought this was just an isolated anomoly in my congo... But maybe this was happening a lot more frequently than I thought at other congos...

• Narcissistic Supply

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit