Enjoying the Taste of Freedom ...

by sleepingbeauty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Hi guys n girls...

I slipped under the JW radar just one year ago. I wasn't happy going to meetings as I always felt worthless and everything I did wasnt good enough. Well having managed to miss a few meetings, I thought nothing of sneaking a look at apostate websites. Once I did I rapidly made progress and woke up to the Truth & The Real Truth Set me Free... !

Okay, I'll admit my emotional freedom wasnt immediate. I had months of total confusion, feeling lost & isolated, anger, hurt & numbness. Then to top it all, I developed a total unhealthy 'Fear of death', (because of the reality that Armaggedon wasn't coming) ...... It left me a walking fruitcase and very close to an emotional breakdown....

Yet 1 year on, I have managed to spread my wings and have developed emotionally and socially in so many ways I didnt think it possible - Well today I officially went into partnership and me & a very good friend (never a JW) are setting up a business. A business grant is in place, & so is everything else thats needed to make it possible.... :)

Well I just had to share this with you, coz to be frank Im bouncing off the ceiling, and I'm sooo excited. I am actually wearing a big Cheesy Grin... This has to be the first time in my life!!!

As a JW I would never has thought of doing anything, because it was a waste of time. The end was coming and all our energies needed to be exerted in Jehovahs Service... Well not any more. I'm doing something with my life and Im sure having fun.

I give a lot of thanks to another xjw forum that I have frequented & to this site too.

Thanks Guys I owe you big time ....

• flipper
    flipper

SLEEPING BEAUTY- So nice to have you here ! Welcome to JWN ! Welcome to freedom of thinking for sure. Congratulations on your business venture - I hope things go well and swimmingly for you ! It takes time in losing the fear & guilt the witnesses instilled into us- but it DOES go away I promise. Life gets better all the time and I've been out 7 years now. Look forward to hearing more from you. Take care and good luck to you

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Good for you!!!

NLW's wife

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

WOOHOO!!

Congratulations to you!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you! ~And welcome aboard !

Loz x

• chicken little
    chicken little

Well done!

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I did the same thing. I ALMOST used my money to pioneer in 2007...The CO was very adamant about NOT buying a house because the end was close. My wife and I decided to buy one and make a restaurant out of it. It is now 2010. FUCK YOU CO! You were WRONG! I have a thriving business that provides security to my family. If I had followed your ridiculous advice I would be broke!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure beats continuing to be a witless. Instead of starting a business and creating opportunities, you would have been wasting the time going to boasting sessions and out in field circus. And, field circus is the deadest work I have seen--you work a territory to death, hand it in, and they hand it back out as "fresh" territory. Not even reduced in size!

And, no matter how many laps around the territory you make, they always want more. You are out a few hours a month, they want 10 or more. You give them 10, they want 20-30. Give them 20-30, they want auxiliary pio-sneering. You auxiliary pio-sneer, they want regular pio-sneer. Then, special pio-sneer. Then, 200 hours a month. All the while, they are not satisfied with how many rags you place, how many studies you start, and how many of those studies you drag all the way to baptism.

Meanwhile, you hear constantly about things like fornication. You hear about masturbation--things small children present should not be hearing about in this religion. You hear about their side of materialism--never mind that getting good stuff has its practical side and can even save you money in the end. You hear about giving up so much so you can pio-sneer. You hear about someone in an iron lung or that crosses crocodile waters and walks 20 miles each way, or wastes $600 per boasting session on helicopter rental, and still pio-sneers. All of which is a complete waste of your time--time you can be using to create job opportunities for employees running a business.

• wobble
    wobble

BIg Wobble Welcome !

Great to have you here, and great to hear that your beauty is no longer sleeping, but can now blossom and be fulfilled.

It is wonderful to have a free mind and heart, and to be able to do what we want. I do not view my freedom as the Dubs think we do when we leave, I live my life by the Golden Rule, which does restrict what I do, but then I do not actually ever want to do anything that will hurt someone else.

On Thursday night my wife and I went to a Christmas Carol Service at a local Baptist church, wonderful to sing out the Carols along with others who were joyful. On Sunday we are going to a happy-clappy church, sort of Anglican but fun, for another Carol Service.

I am no longer a believer, but I enjoy the singing, and the people are so welcoming, the mulled wine and mince pies afterwards are welcome too !

Use your freedom to build a happy life, you deserve it ! And good luck with the business, I am sure that it will work as you have the right positive attitude.

Welcome again, and a Happy Christmas !

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

How exciting! All the very best for your new business venture!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit