Are they still reading the Daily Text at the Field Service meeting?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Any takers?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Why would they not be?

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I don't know.

Just thought I missed something.

On a pro-JW site I saw a post about them not reading it anymore, albeit I didn't click on it to read it.

Thought I might get some more up to date info on here.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Do they still read the daily text at the FS meeting? You should probably ask Moshe.

Think About It

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

It's up to the FS conductor to use it if it relates to FS. Most times the Saturday text is tailored for using for the FS group.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Yeah seems like I remember something about it having to be about field service.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Affirmative. Still being used. Field service related or not, it is a good filler. Then to the donut shop!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I'm happy to say I have no idea what they do at field service meetings now, because it's been almost a year since I've been in field circus. And it feels GREAT.

:-)

-MF31-

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember when they did, it was always trying to force a square peg (the scripture) into a round hole (field circus). Invariably it involved misinterpreting the scripture, and was nothing more than a waste of time. Which may lead them to discontinue the practice, so the witlesses can get into field circus that much sooner.

It might also force them to get up earlier, further depriving them of sleep, so they can read the daily text and misapply it themselves.

• blondie
    blondie

They definitely do at congregation scheduled ones on Saturday, Sunday, and perhaps Wednesday in the morning. The WTS manages to put snippets from the WT about FS with the illusion that a scripture is being discussed. What else would they discuss...left to themselves the rank and file wouldn't know what to do...they have to have rules and regulations or they fear disobeying the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit