Thinking of writing a letter

by ranmac 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ranmac
    ranmac

Forgive me if this has been touched on many times before.

I was wondering if anyone has actually written the society requesting their response/justifications to the many discrepencies and flaws in their doctrine and history, such as failed/altered dates and prophesies, pyramidology, beth sarim, lack of transparency, economic and political ties to the world, how they no more than archeologists, biblical contradictions, etc, etc....

If so, what was their response?

• ranmac
    ranmac

sorry, "know" more that archeologists

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I didn't but wts has an answer for everything - new light, no discrepency as per article so and so.....blah blah blah wts has been ruining lives for 130 years without admitting any guilt and they won't change that policy anytime soon

• paladin
    paladin

I wrote a letter along with a photo copy of the Awake! May 2009, page 11 and a copy of Dr. Michael Jursa's article regarding a finding at the British Museum. The WTBT$ wrote me back and said the British Museum's date of 587 BC is wrong and that 607 BC is correct regarding Jerusalem's being sacked by Nebuchadnezzer ll. The WT$ will not admit they are wrong.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

JW's have their heads stuck so far up their asses that they can't see anything. Even if its black on white.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I was wondering if anyone has actually written the society requesting their response/justifications to the many discrepencies and flaws in their doctrine and history, such as failed/altered dates and prophesies, pyramidology, beth sarim, lack of transparency, economic and political ties to the world, how they no more than archeologists, biblical contradictions, etc, etc....

Three words:

Waste

of

time.

A few more words. All throughout their history, the WTS have had countless letters from people within the Org. and outside of it pointing out the very same problems. You need to remember the rules:

#1 The Org. is not wrong.

#2 If the Org. is wrong, see rule #1.

• freydo
    freydo

I wonder what they'd have to say about their subliminal art.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Your attempts will be futile. They are always right (in their eyes) and will never apologize or admit wrong.

According to Dr. Robert J. Lifton:

Mystical Manipulation. There is manipulation of experiences that appear spontaneous but in fact were planned and orchestrated by the group or its leaders in order to demonstrate divine authority or spiritual advancement or some special gift or talent that will then allow the leader to reinterpret events, scripture, and experiences as he or she wishes.

They use the "God's spirit directed Organization" line as a catchall to their authority.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If the goal is to get a humble, heartfelt apology as a result of your humble, reasoned letter, I think the your time is better spent elsewhere.

On the other hand, I think a letter-writing campaign about a certain injustice, in full knowledge that you will get a smarmy form letter back, can be effective. I spent twenty-five years in the back rooms of a large bureaucracy. Letter writing campaigns do clog up administration and cause their own kind of pain.

Case in point, the United Nations, arguably the king of bureaucracies, posted proof that the Jehovah's Witnesses had a relationship with them, with a plea to stop sending them letters. http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

As long as you are realistic about your goal (i.e. clog up the mailbox), letters can be effective. I say, better the WTBTS than the UN.

• sir82
    sir82

I was wondering if anyone has actually written the society requesting their response/justifications to the many discrepencies and flaws in their doctrine and history

Erm, yes, several thousands if not 10's of thousands of people have written to them over the decades.

And you can see what a dynamic effect it has had....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit