does today's daily text belie

by therevealer 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

their claims that they err because they are only guided by spirit but not inspired??

Thursday, December 16
    I shall make you have insight and instruct you in the way you should go.-Ps. 32:8.
    What makes it possible for the faithful and discreet slave to provide timely, nutritious spiritual food? Jehovah provides direction to the slave. We can therefore have full confidence in the Scriptural insight, understanding, and guidance that we receive from the slave. Jehovah also blesses the slave class with his holy spirit. While Jehovah's spirit is invisible, what it produces in those upon whom it operates is not. Think of what the faithful and discreet slave has been able to accomplish in giving a worldwide witness about Jehovah God, his Son, and the Kingdom. Jehovah's worshippers are actively proclaiming the Kingdom message in over 230 lands and island groups. Does that not give undeniable evidence that God's spirit is empowering the slave?-Acts 1:8. w09 2/15 4:4, 5

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Also on the agenda for mind manipulation this week is the school part for number two talk (for those of you who are not aware, this was formerly the #3 talk, changed when the "Book Study" became "The Congregation Bible Study")

No. 2: If Someone Says: "Christians Are Supposed to Be Witnesses for Jesus, Not for Jehovah" (rs p. 208 ΒΆ3)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Its doublespeak. On one hand they claim they're being guided by God's spirit, but when they screw up royally, or alter doctrine, they either blame their readers for misreading, or call it new light. It's actually disrespectful to God, because the holy spirt is acting like a roller coaster at an amusement park. I'll give you an example of this from the latest circuit assembly.

A few years ago, the Book Study was touted as thee most important arrangement. It was relayed to us that when disaster strikes, and the Great T happens, the Book Study arrangement would serve the purpose of a mini congregation. There was heavy emphasis being placed upon this arrangement. Then out of nowhere, that arrangement went poof! Gone, with an assortment of explanations as to why. Everything from gas prices, difficult traveling due to the terrain in foreign lands, etc.. At the most recent Circuit Assembly, I heard the latest reasoning why Jehovah's Chariot changed course regarding this subject. The speaker stated it was to prepare the families for future events. Um-K. Enter the Family Worship Night. The speaker also went out of his way to state that this change had nothing to do with gas prices. I've got my own beliefs why this change happened, and I'm mostly leaning towards conductors and those commenting promoting views not sanctioned by the WT. That and poor attendance. I know some on here have mentioned the Legal Department's concerns with pedophilia, and thats a legitimate theory to take into consideration too.

My point though, is things change in this organization and the reasoning given by the leadership is insufficient. What makes it so troublesome is the very point of this thread. It's hard for me to accept that this organization is spirit directed when we're constantly being guilt tripped and our arms bended to bow to the faithful and discreet slave's will, especially when it comes to doublespeak. They remind me of Jame's thoughts in James 3 where he talked about many should not be teachers because of the responsibility that comes with that position. I can't speak on behalf of everybody, but I try to be unbiased on here when looking at the faults of the leadership in this organization, but they've stumbled the daylights out of me on more than a few occasions. The leadership wants to have it both ways, having their cake and wanting us to fork feed it to them too. On one hand they want the adulation, prestige, money, perks, free labor, and loyalty that comes with being God's chosen organization, but they don't want the bad light shown upon them when they come up with nonsensible noo lite, when their ulterior motives are exposed, or when their history is exposed. They can't have it both ways. I guess this is what happens when you take a parabel from the bible and force it to fit your needs. Its like taking a square block and forcing it through a circular hole, and then forcing the rest of us to go along with it and not say anything.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What makes it possible for the faithful and discreet slave to provide timely, nutritious spiritual food? Jehovah provides direction to the slave.

"Watchtower said it, I believe it, that settles it."

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Jehovah's worshippers are actively proclaiming the Kingdom message in over 230 lands and island groups. Does that not give undeniable evidence that God's spirit is empowering the slave?

Dang, does that mean McDonalds is even more spirit directed than the Governing Body? I mean, they are in China and the WT is not.

-Sab

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

McDonald's beef is as real as ... the "truth" is the truth. :)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The above daily text comments are so hilarious!

• therevealer
    therevealer

I also love the way they flip flop between "faithful and discreet slave" and "governing body" When they want to distance themselves its the former but when they want to get heavy or get the praise for something that kinda worked its the later.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The Watchtower has two lines it spins, depending on the circumstances.

1. - You must obey the GB because they are directed by holy spirit
    2. - The GB makes mistakes because they are not inspired

Read on their own they make sense, but put together it is clear the comments contradict as they are mutually exclusive, since to be directed by holy spirit is the definition of being inspired.

• sabastious
    sabastious

- You must obey the GB because they are directed by holy spirit
      - The GB makes mistakes because they are not inspired

Dude, you just put a crack in the universe!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit