WOULD I LIKE TO SEE A COPY OF THIS!!!!!!! Resurrection for those executed at Armageddon?

by GrandmaJones 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

QuestionsFromReaders

The answer to the second question of this section appearing in the November 15 issue drew many responses and further questionings. Without being dogmatic, it stated that it seemed Scriptural to believe that children executed in Jehovah’s battle of Armageddon would not be resurrected. Here we consider questions raised.

?How does this affect the statement in the Armageddon booklet, on page 55, that not all those executed at Armageddon will remain dead forever?—B.E.,Maryland

What has been published in the November 15 issue of TheWatchtower represents our present understanding of the matter, and replaces the thought expressed in the 14-year-old booklet Armageddon. We call notice to the fact that before this answer was published in TheWatchtower the same point had been made in “ThisMeansEverlastingLife”, pages 248, 249.

WT 5/1/1951

WOULD I LIKE TO SEE A COPY OF THIS BOOKLET....THIS IS NEWS TO ME! Anybody know how I can lay my hands (or eyes) on this?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

GrandmaJones, I don't have that booklet but here are pages 248 & 249 from the book: 'This Means Everlasting Life'

You can download that book in pdf -> HERE.

3Mozzies

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

wts speculates on things they are clueless about

• Black Sheep
  • blondie
    blondie

I looked at the statement in the Armageddon booklet. This is another case of speaking out of both sides of their mouth. Later in my lifetime, 60's, 70's, etc., the WTS said that some "faithful" jws might die due to health issues and stress or accidents during Armageddon, but not due to direct execution by the angels. So they would be resurrected.

• Ding
    Ding

Another example of the WTS having to have answers for everything, not being able to say, "We have no idea how it will work."

As Ray pointed out in CoC, if the WTS stopped speculating about matters where the Bible is silent, a lot of their rules and doctrine would go away.

Evidently (favorite WT word), they can't restrain themselves.

I don't criticize anyone for speculating.

The problem is their claim that the FDS speaks for Jehovah.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Is the Watchtower required reading for the JW sect?

I'm not a member, but I can only imagine how I'd act if my church kept predicting the end and it didn't come. There must be a way they keep people coming back. Maybe it's the dopamine rush. The church seems to have kept the congregation in line by telling them that yes, something did happen; you just couldn't feel it, see it or comprehend it. It's like when you lose, declare victory and keep on tracking!

The Catholics do the same thing with transubstantiation. They administer the emblems, declare to everyone that a miracle occurred, and they do it again next month. Fastest gun in the West...wanna see it again?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Cold Steel..lol

Snoozy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    It's like when you lose, declare victory and keep on tracking!

LOL

I watched my Dad do exactly that when I was a kid.

I knew he had made an ass of himself. The Lutheran who had just trashed his doctrine knew it. Dad had no idea and still relates this event as a victory 40 years later.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Even stranger was the teaching found in the Light book (volume two), which stated that Satan would be dead during the Millennium, and resurrected at its conclusion.

What could be the purpose of bringing Satan out of death? Would it mean that God would recreate the Devil? It would not mean that he would recreate the Devil, but that he would bring to life the Devil who had been dead for a thousand years; and that for a purpose. While his brief operation would be a test to restored mankind, and doubtless used for that purpose, yet there seems to be a more potent reason for bringing Satan out of death. He defied Jehovah and said, 'There is no death.' God gives him a thousand years in death, which completely proves to all that Satan is a liar; and now, being awakened, he would know that he is a liar and know further that God had fully and completely justified his Word. (Light II, p.208)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit