APOSTATE NOT SHUNNED - HUH?

by Trotafox 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Well, I certainly am confused! My JW neighbor just waved "Hi" to me from her driveway so I went ahead and bit. I hollered "My washer just broke down" (I was carrying a load to my other neighbors washer). JW neighbor hollers "Do you want to use mine?" Flabbergasted, I said "No, thanks".

I do not get this. When this JW neighbor moved into the neighborhood (I was not DA'd yet), she gave me her house key to hold for emergencies in case she locked herself out (we all do this around here). After I told her I DA'd myself (this past June), she crept over to my house one day when I was at work, and asked my mother (not a JW) for her house key back. I mean really. I could sneak in and plant demons in her house. LOL. [8>]

This is the same JW neighbor that I said (in a previous thread in December) I saw dressed in red on Xmas day accepting a wrapped gift from a person in a car in her driveway.

Now this woman is elderly and a Pioneer...a long standing one. We're talking years here. My thoughts are that she told someone I had DA'd and that I had her house key and she was told to get it back right away. This she obediently did. But it looks like she is not participating in the shunning. She was always friendly with me in the past (before my DA'ng) and I probably could visit with her if I chose to do so, however, I don't particularly want to. She's VERY JW and has no computer. It would be like butting my head against a wall and I haven't got the time or energy for that. LOL.

Does anyone have any idea where this woman might be coming from? Don't you think her elderberries would be very upset with her if they ever found me washing clothes at her house? It sounds to me like there is some congregation rebellion going on among the very faithful. Yes??? {{{{}}}}

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Or maybe she personally has begun to see through the Watchtower's crap. That would be a good thing. Maybe you should try to have a conversation with her; she might need someone like you to talk to in order to solidify her doubts and make a break from the Borg.

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• outcast
    outcast

Elderly you say?

Maybe she forgot you da'd yourself.

Or maybe she just wanted to see your dirty laundry aired.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Neon:

You could be right. I don't know. Probably wouldn't hurt to "test" the waters. I would be absolutely dumbfounded though if this was the case. I mean this one is a long-time Watchtower cheerleader of the highest degree. She's also a little nosey and would probably love to find out about how my life is going so she can try to "talk" me back in. LOL. This is the one who cried when I told her I DA'd myself and that was only 6 months ago. So you see why I doubt that she is having WT doubts.

Trot

"Wicked men obey from fear; good men, from love".... Aristotle. You can love and obey Christ without intervention from an organization.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Out:

I doubt she has forgotten. I had Xmas decorations outside the house. Nosey is probably more like it.

Trot

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

SInce she is such a long termer, maybe she feels like an "elderette." If so, maybe she thinks she can sweet talk you back and earn a bit more of God's grace.

Regardless, I think it would be worthwhile to "test the waters" and see what her motive is.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• terafera
    terafera

Oh Trotafox.. how right you are!!

I too well, know the interested scheme. After being shunned for years (never DA or DF, just drifted away).. an elderly sister came running up to me and hugged me! [8>] I was shocked.. she had questions.. 'how are you? are you still married? do you go to any meetings?.. how is your mom (who is DF'd)? I heard she had a boyfriend.. is she still working?' After I gave her a long and informative reply, she said it was getting late and she had to go. Ever since then, she hasnt talked to me! I figured out that it was more of a way to find gossip on my mothers and my own life. I guess the elderly feel more able to do this, since they are so strong, they would never become weak from talking to us! Anyway, they are hoping to get some 'time' in...

• terafera
    terafera

yes, that's the word I was looking for Red.. 'elderette' types!!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I say this is a matter of contextual ethics.

Very politely and subtly discern her "true" intentions.

I figure at the very least be an example to the JW. Make her feel bad by demonstrating you are happier now that you are out and you are very loving and concerned for the welfare of others despite religious beliefs, which if she has any type of conscience at all would make her feel like sh1t.

To supplement that, if you discover she is simply trying to get in time and reel you back in.. if given the chance show her the endless list of flaws and lies bombarded upon the R&F by the WTS in their own literature. If she is unwilling to hear you out, read her John 8:44.. and turn the tables on them by shunning her. Two can play that game.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Parliament
    Parliament

I say "test the waters" and the dryer. Leave a $20 in the dryer and see if she returns it. If she does, tell her you think you lost a total of $30. If she doesn't try to return it at all, call the hall and report to the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit