JWs, Faith in Action, Part 1: Out of Darkness transcript

by cabasilas 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Don't know if this has been posted here. It's making the rounds on some JW sites. This is a transcript of the new DVD: Jehovah's Witnesses, Faith in Action, Part 1: Out of Darkness:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GWTWVBRK

Might be of use to researchers here.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Thanks Cabasilas

—Narrator—
    Rather than giving in to disappointment over what did not happen in 1914, the Bible Students kept their minds open to the significance of what had taken place. The world war and its aftermath had become the world-shaking events proclaimed by Russell almost 40 years earlier. The Bible Students were coming to the realization that Christ's presence began in 1914, and that the world's last days were underway! Two months after Russell's death, Joseph Rutherford was appointed to oversee the work.

Three lies right there!

What a joke that DVD is, a real piece of work, rewriting their own history.

3Mozzies

• possible-san
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

Rather than giving in to disappointment over what did not happen in 1914,

WHAT?

Are they now saying that Jesus didn't come in 1914 after all?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Are they now saying that Jesus didn't come in 1914 after all?

No, they expected Armageddon and to be raptured to heaven in 1914.

Nut jobs!

3Mozzies

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Jesus already came in 1874, yes he came thrice, some say he is using pharmaceutical enhancements to improve his performance.

• stapler99
    stapler99

Thanks Cabasilas

—Narrator—
    Rather than giving in to disappointment over what did not happen in 1914, the Bible Students kept their minds open to the significance of what had taken place. The world war and its aftermath had become the world-shaking events proclaimed by Russell almost 40 years earlier. The Bible Students were coming to the realization that Christ's presence began in 1914, and that the world's last days were underway! Two months after Russell's death, Joseph Rutherford was appointed to oversee the work.

Three lies right there!

What a joke that DVD is, a real piece of work, rewriting their own history.

3Mozzies

[/quote]

I saw this video but didn't notice this at the time. You're right, these are three blatant lies!

1. Russell did not predict a world war - he predicted the overthrow of the world's governments and a universal anarchy.
    2. They long believed that Christ's presence had begun in 1874 - after the date it was reinterpreted as an "invisible presence" - sound familiar?
    3. It wasn't a peaceful transition of control to Rutherford. On the contrary many members of the board of the Watchtower Society resigned.

(Can someone tell me how to quote posts correctly - this has been bugging for a while now!)

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    (Can someone tell me how to quote posts correctly - this has been bugging for a while now!)

Copy and paste what you want to quote into the reply box.

Highlight the quote.

Click the arrow by STYLES and select "quote".

It puts it into a box.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Thanks for the link. I'm sure that I will find it very helpful.

The DVD presentation is pure propaganda - just like the Proclaimers book was. It's not about presenting an accurate historic account, just making new converts.

The JWs are so much like the Mormons. Go to Temple Square in Salt Lake, UT and go through the visitors center. The talk they give and the wall murals present the whole story of Joseph Smith as if it was an accurate telling. Real angels speak to Joseph. Real golden tablets are given to him. God helps him translate the tablets into perfect Elizabethan English from a lost language derived from Hebrew and modified into some Amerindian dialect. No mention is made of Brigham Young's 56 wives or Joseph Smith's setting up an army to take over a chunk of Missouri.

Just picture in your mind those grand murals of Hitler and Stalin leading their respective countries out of the worldwide Depression and making them world powers - backed up by a multitude of smiling followers. Same thing with the murals at Temple Square and the DVDs and magazines put out by the JWs. Just a bunch of happy people - so proud to be following their God-given leaders.

Makes me sick!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Possible San.....Thanks for putting up the YouTubes.

I found it fascinating and enjoyable.. ..It was a hoot watching the Bro's acting as Russell & Rutherford & we have now seen the newer members of the G B.

I am sure the faithful will find the DVD "wonderful"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit