from a witness e-mail site - this proves that there is no creature worship, not!

by therevealer 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

One of my favorite experiences ever was when Bro. Barr was the Bethel speaker at one of our District Conventions. He was sitting in the section where I served as an attendant. Just before it was time for the afternoon session t begin a sister walks up and asks is Bro. Barr sitting in this section. I told her that he was and she then asked if it would be alright to take a picture with him. I told her that it would be okay if Bro. Barr said it was. Shortly after that Bro. Barr came walking up the stairs and the sister ran over and asked if she and her husband could take a picture with him. "Certainly my sister!" he said. She then asked me if I would do the honors. As I prepared to snap the picture Bro. Barr stood between the sister and her husband and flashed the biggest smile ever! I was ever so impressed with his humility.

Just a few moments after that another brother who was sitting in the section came up with his two small children and introduced them to Bro. Barr, explaining who he was. Bro. Barr sat down and put the little children on his lap and talked to them. As I observed him I couldn't help thinking about all the pictures we've seen in the publications about Jesus and how approachable he was even with little children. Again, what an impression he made on me. Truly, Christ brothers imitate him in every way! That was the only time I saw him in person, but I will never forget it.

• blondie
    blondie

"Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, 'Come immediately and sit down to eat'? "But will he not say to him, 'Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink'? He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he? So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.'"

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Utterly sickening. The picture is quite a contrast with the image that remains in my mind from when an Australian Channel 9 current affairs show, "Sunday", attempted to put some questions to a GB member at a district convention some years ago. The story was about (you guessed it) shameful handling of child sex abuse cases in a Melbourne congregation. The GB member kept walking away, studiously ignoring the interviewer, who was persistent but courteous. I was already becoming disenchanted with the "loving brothers" in the org, but that display of contempt and arrogance was a shocker.

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Mr. Monroe: Theodore Jaracz?

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup, I think it was he - and he won't be doin that no more. Unless of course he can reach out from his heavenly abode. Yuk, Yuk.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Not sure which GB member it was on Channel 9. It was in 2005, and an excerpt from the program was in their end-of-year wrapup here: http://sgp1.paddington.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/article_1920.asp?s=1

If anyone taped it and can could upload the program to YouTube, I'd be very grateful.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Theodore Jaracz is watching you masturbate.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Mr. Monroe love the Avatar - one of my favourite albums!

As for the on topic remark - "Do you want me to autograph that Pic?". Who the F*ck do the GB think they are?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

@MrMonroe - I was at that convention at the Melbourne Tennis Centre. I saw the camera crew and thought that they were just doing a small piece for the news. Then I saw it on the 'Sunday' show on Ch9. I asked my JW friend if he saw it too, his response threw me off: "No! that was an apostate program, so I didn't watch it" I thought WTH! Apostate! Yeah right, apostate my a$$, they showed how some people were molested while attending our meetings. I was a believing JW at the time but didn't think of that as apostate...

This 'friend' is still a JW. People really do buy the crap the slaaaaave tells them. So sad.

Here's the transcript of that program: Go HERE

To download 2 small (6mb files) of the program go HERE and scroll down the page until you see the Ch9 'Sunday' logo.

HERE is the story on Ch9's website.

Here is an updated video of that story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD4ISURP8M8

@therevealer - Thanks for the story. Back when I was a believing JW, I would of thought how nice as well, now I see it for what it really is 'Creature Worship'. You are so right.

3Mozzies

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Cantleave: As for the on topic remark - "Do you want me to autograph that Pic?". Who the F*ck do the GB think they are?

Maybe I'm missing something I did not see any mention of an autograph just the request for a pic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit