Fred Franz: Time in Which We Are Now Interested -- 1975 lecture

by cabasilas 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ding
    Ding

Whatever happened to the Adam-Eve creation gap explanation?

I'm not aware that the WTS ever officially abandoned it.

What about it, Watchtower apologists?

Is it "the truth" until the WTS officially replaces it with "new light" or does it expire automatically after 10, 20, ... now 35 years?

Do you still believe this explanation or have you forgotten all about it?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Officially, it is still official. Unofficially, it is officially unofficial. Perfectly logical to a JW; insane to any normally thinking person.

Adam is 35 years old and still no Eve. . . interesting.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I guess that's why Adam said when he met Eve: "This is at last bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh...." since he'd been alone in the garden for over 35 years!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

One more Franz lecture on 1975. This one is more well known. I'm assuming this was given after the first one mentioned in this thread. The first one was given to "servant bodies" and this one was given to the general public.

"What is the Significance of 1975?" Audio lecture given in early 1975 by Frederick W. Franz, then Vice President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses) at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California. Discusses how Bible chronology points to the year 1975. Franz later served as President of the Watch Tower Society from 1977-1992.

Lecture can be listened to at:

http://www.archive.org/details/WhatIsTheSignficanceOf1975

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I guess that's why Adam said when he met Eve: "This is at last bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh...." since he'd been alone in the garden for over 35 years!

Well, 35 years down, 95 years to go (Genesis 5:3).

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Officially, it is still official. Unofficially, it is officially unofficial. Perfectly logical to a JW; insane to any normally thinking person.

It's my understanding that the "Adam-Eve" gap has been abandoned and the whole 6,000 (and 7,000) year "Creative Day" concept has been accorded a silent burial.

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks for the links, these are great!

Compare these with Fred Franz's lecture at a 1972 Gilead graduation, also from the Internet Archive:
    Lecture can be listened to at:
    http://www.archive.org/details/1972FredFranzLectureGileadGraduation

I think the file may be corrupsted. The mp3 file cuts off at 24:50, (I'm guessing about halfway through the talk, because when you first load the page and hit play it changes form 49:41 to 24:50.

It was just getting interesting explaining how the elder arrangement didn't exist from 1932 to 1972.

Just wondering if anyone has the complete talk and/or can upload the full version.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We attended the Yankee Stadium convention. I mentioned in another post that he stated his calculations were influenced by the onset time for Eve's mentrual cycle. Menstruation was viewed as punishment for the Fall. I was about twelve or thirteen and very embarassed. My guts knew it was wacky. Gratefully, my parents never discussed it nor did the local brothers.

We were so painfully isolated as Witnesses, particularly during years of nationalism. Armageddon seemed more than possible with nuclear war expected by all. Yankee Stadium had the allure of the winning Yankees. I was so young and I still got a buzz of devotion. The local papers used to publish special convention editions, full of photos. I was in one such paper at the age of two. It was my view that these were the same papers the world was reading. I was so thrilled to make banner headlines in the New York Times or Daily News.

This site is nice b/c I have all these memories and, unlike the Beatles or the civil rights movement, there is no one I can share them with around.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Are there talks like these where Franz says "just make it until 1975"? Where is that one? I love the internet archive website! So many things to uncover TTATT... can't run away from these things!!

ILTTATT

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Stay Alive 'til '75" was attributed to DO Charles Sinutko.

I suspect you can find his talk via Google.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit