Having faith in something is reasonable, requiring faith in something is not

by sabastious 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I am starting a business right now. I have big aspirations and really feel that I will have success in my endeavor, and I have my reasons for that.

That is faith.

I have faith that I have what it takes to make this business succeed. Faith really can move mountains, it is true.

On the other hand, what if I was searching out a business partner or potential investors. What if I laid out my business plan and it was rejected. I HAVE FAITH that it will work, and I believe my business plan is rock solid!

The fact is, some people just will not accept my business plan as legit for the long term. They don't feel it has enough for them to make that leap of faith and put some eggs in my basket.

Again, I really know my business will work. I have crunched the numbers, I know I can execute. So what I do is blackmail my potential investors into investing into my business.

This is the way the Watchtower and the Bible in general runs things.

It isn't right not matter what the outcome.

People who are born into the Watchtower have no choice but to have faith in the Business. Their families they were unwillingly born into are held over their heads as colaterole for having faith in their message, their projections on the future. It is similar for people who were not born in because of the tactics used to coerce them into the religion. They give them friends and a sense of security, but in order to keep it you have to remain in faith.

It's blackmail from top to bottom, and that's a sure sign of corruption in the deepest sense.

-Sab

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Damn right. I fully agree with you. I am selling my Shares in the borg. Anyone interested?...

...Not all together please!...

By the way, an overdose of corruption does no always cause collapse. Silvio Berlusconi just bought the votes of the members of the italian parliament and won the confidence vote easily. Rutherford did the same with added blackmail many many moons ago. The current GB is running on Microsoft Corruption 4.0 Service Pack 2 (the overlap to 5.0). They are professionals in this domain.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Good post Seabass!

BTS

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Good post Seabass!

-Sab

• sabastious
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Faith is an awesome thing, we all have faith in something or another, soemtimes when all the evidence points to not having any reason to do so.

At times we are required to have faith in something for it to work or be given a chance to work, marriage for example.

The early developers of space flight need to have faith that it was a possibility, even though there was no evidence for it.

Many leaps of science that we have had required faith because there was no evidence to suggest it would work, many times there was all evidence pointing to it NOT working.

BUT there is a fine line when talking about something the requires faith as opposed to samthing in which it is reasonable to have faith.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Sac, sometimes faith is a required tool to accomplish a goal, yes.

But requiring faith from someone else is a much different situation.

Organized religion and the Watchtower specifically use faith as leverage, and I would argue they get this tactic from the Bible.

When a Witness loses his faith the congregation "sends them to their room" so-to-speak to think about how they can get their faith back.

At first someone with a "faith issue" is dealt with compassionately, but in the end they are dealt with in the harshest of way and are labled apostates.

What an odd thing to question of someone else... whether or not their faith (or lack thereof) is valid.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You have a point Sab, organizations do require faith from their people, be it religious ones or politcal ones.

Did Jesus require faith though?

That is a tough one, certainly he said that those the believe even thought they don't see are blessed, but he did show himself to Thomas and he did say to the people if they didn't believe in Him ( personally) at least believe in the Good he was doing.

I think that Jesus understood that for some, faith is all it takes, perhaps because of HOW they place faith in things, but for others, faith was soemthing they needed to "experience" to have, soemtimes indirect expereince was enough but for others it had to be direct experience.

Any religion that requires a person have faith and don't give them a reason to have that faith, is asking too much I think.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I would say Jesus taught the importance of faith.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Any religion that requires a person have faith and don't give them a reason to have that faith, is asking too much I think.

Also any religion that doesn't accept anyone (and or demonizes them) who has considered their approach and lacks faith in it will be or already is a destructive cult.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit