Do you know your countries national anthem?

by highdose 10 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

I know "God save the Queen" but only the short verison that they have at football matches. I think the origanal is meant to be about 8 verses long isn't it?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I live in Australia but I don't know their national anthem, but I do know the New Zealand anthem, God Defend New Zealand GO KIWI's

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Yeah I know our (Australian) National Anthem. I was forced to learn it at school.

Yet I never learnt ANY Kingdom Melodies . . . hahaha always pretended to sing at the KH, soooooooo boring!

3Mozzies

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I do not know the British national anthem, I have never sung it and never will. Maybe I am stuborn, but as I neither believe in God nor support the royal family, I am opposed to an Anthem to "Save the Queen".

I do know the words to "Jerusalem" and am all for adopting that as our ENGLISH national anthem, as we do not have an anthem of our own.

GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN is apparently the common wealth anthem. Beh Beh!!

• Newborn
    Newborn

I know the Swedish anthem. Even when I was a jw

• Newborn
    Newborn

I always thought that for example the russian anthem sounds very much like a kingdom song Some are very similar.

However, the Scottish anthem is one of my favourite

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Actually the Australalian anthem sounds very much like a kingdom song, one of the older ones I believe.

• Newborn
    Newborn

fsp, I just listened to it on youtube and jeezuz, it's exactly like "To whom do you belong" (not sure I remember title correctl

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I have heard of jws singing along to the anthem with the jw wording

• Newborn
    Newborn

I mean, listen to the German one, it's the same. Did they listen to the anthem when writing the kingdom songs??!! hahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit